RSMS visa - PLEASE HELP

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Hi all

The drama continues!!! My future employer (hopefully) last week decided that he couldn't go it alone and has appointed an emigration consultant to process my 457 visa. After a meeting today, however, the consultant has advised him to sponsor me for a RSMS visa. Great, except that..... I have already finished up at work as I was told the visa 457 process would take 6 weeks. 2 months later, and nothing has been submitted as yet! I'm told that the RSMS takes at least 3 months to process! Is this true?

If so, what are the ways around being unemployed for so long? Is there is bridging visa? How can the visa be granted onshore? If I need to go offshore to validate the visa, how long do I need to be offshore for?

PLEASE HELP

Guest caoimhe

How can the visa be granted onshore? If I need to go offshore to validate the visa, how long do I need to be offshore for?

PLEASE HELP

We were told that you could not be in Australia when the Offshore Visa was granted so when the Case Officer was ready to make the decision she sent us a Pre-grant email asking us for our flight details, we then booked a weeks holiday in Bali and sent a copy to her. The day after we left Australia we received an email telling us we had received the visa and to present ourselved to the Embassy in Bali which we did only to be told they do not deal with the public, so we were sent to an agent who (for a price) took our details and passports and sent them back to the embassy we had just left and the new visa were issued. We were told we only needed to be out of the country for 3 days but we took a week to be on the safe side, which was just as well we did as the agent told us the embassy could have the passports for 3 days and as they needed at least a day either side for delivery (even tho the embassy was a 10min walk from the agent) being out of Aus for only 3 days wouldn't have been long enough. In the end they were quick but I would leave for 7 days just to be safe