Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Rsms subclass 119

HI,

What happens if under RSMS SUBCLASS 119- Employer does not comply with his obligations i.e. he does not have full time work (can offer only part time job). in this case can one work to different employer along working with this employer. Will it lead to cancellation of visa?

Thanks in advance.

Title
      Liked
      377 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by pooja View Post
      HI,

What happens if under RSMS SUBCLASS 119- Employer does not comply with his obligations i.e. he does not have full time work (can offer only part time job). in this case can one work to different employer along working with this employer. Will it lead to cancellation of visa?

Thanks in advance.

The only way that immigration become involved with this visa after it has been granted is if one of the parties complains to them. Even then there have been no recorded cases of a visa being cancelled for the reasons you state above. My advice is to agree a course of action with your current employer i.e. agree to part amicably (or agree that he will let you work somewhere else to make up the hours) and then get on with your life without further worry.

All the best

NWM

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      From my understanding your 119 visa is only valid if full time employment is given, if they have taken that away you could potentially be in a tricky position. That said it is highly unlikely from what i have heard before that your visa will be in danger of being cancelled. I did remember reading a few months back now that someone in your position should be able to look for work with another employer and get them to continue (take over) your sponsorship etc....From memory all the information (and there was quite a bit of it) was available on this site and the pomsinoz site.

I was looking at changing employer whilst on a 119 and from what i gathered it was quite acheivable, however i decided to stay put in the end.
      Last edited by Chris&Mel; 31-10-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Title
      Liked
      377 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris&Mel View Post
      From my understanding your 119 visa is only valid if full time employment is given, if they have taken that away you could potentially be in a tricky position. That said it is highly unlikely from what i have heard before that your visa will be in danger of being cancelled. I did remember reading a few months back now that someone in your position should be able to look for work with another employer and get them to continue (take over) your sponsorship etc....From memory all the information (and there was quite a bit of it) was available on this site and the pomsinoz site.

I was looking at changing employer whilst on a 119 and from what i gathered it was quite acheivable, however i decided to stay put in the end.
      I don't agree that the fact the sponsoring company ends up only being able to offer part-time work will put the applicant in a tricky position - it may make it harder for the company concerned to sponsor anyone else (and only if someone makes the DIAC aware of it) but that is all. Secondly any new company will not be 'taking over the sponsorship' - they will simply be offering a job but will have nothing to do with sponsoring the applicant.

As I said earlier, agree a course of action with your current employer and then get on with your life without further worry.

NWM

•