Form 929 - Change of Passport Details

Has anybody had to complete this form to notify the Immigration Dept that they have a new passport? I'm completely bamboozled! Part 5 asks me for details of my identity card or identity number issued to me by my government. Eh? Do I leave it blank? Only have about 6 weeks before we go back to UK for holiday so I need to sort this asap. Thanks all.

Has anybody had to complete this form to notify the Immigration Dept that they have a new passport? I'm completely bamboozled! Part 5 asks me for details of my identity card or identity number issued to me by my government. Eh? Do I leave it blank? Only have about 6 weeks before we go back to UK for holiday so I need to sort this asap. Thanks all.

Hello Monaghans!

All you need to do is link your visa to the new passport and its easier to do it in person. We went to USA with expired and new passports but on return they told me to walk into immigration on Level 3/55 currie street (waited about 10 minutes) and they linked all 5 visas to new passports. Did it on my lunch break - I didn't have to have anyone in the family with me and the whole process took about 20 minutes. I've been to NZ and Singapore and it's clear I'm successfully linked.

Liz