well we did it

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

Last Thursday was our year anniversary in Adelaide and on Friday we sold our house (at long last)!!

We`ve had many ups and downs, its been a struggle emotionally and we are still stuck with very mixed feelings over being here, its family I miss not homesick as such, but it comes and goes every few months. As we still had our house in england we spent most of this year thinking of going back, hopefully now the house has completed we will be able to look for our own home that may help us to settle more. Aside from the emotions we do like Adelaide, the weather is the huge plus for us and we`ve been and seen some amazing things, we drove around the Barrossa Valley the other day really beautiful at this time of year. The kids love it here and are happy and thats what we came for and i`m sure me and he will get there in the end, we didnt expect it would be easy, but we have made some fab friends, all bloody poms, but `i love you all`:biglaugh:.

In all we are glad we came, before we did I used to read these forums and Id read peoples different views took in the good and bad (when i read the good i couldnt wait and when i read the bad i wasnt going), but no matter what others say, you will only know what its like when you try for yourself. And it works for some and not for others your not a failure if its not for you at least you tried. Im not sure we`ll stay for ever its early days but we are here for now, so heres to the next year and good luck to all those who are just arriving or leaving, hope you find what you are looking for.

donna

Guest KP Nuts

Double Congratulations then Donna, firstly on your anniversary and secondly on selling your house in the UK, well done.

Here's to many more in Adelaide.... 7_4_13.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest graandjac
Last Thursday was our year anniversary in Adelaide and on Friday we sold our house (at long last)!!

We`ve had many ups and downs, its been a struggle emotionally and we are still stuck with very mixed feelings over being here, its family I miss not homesick as such, but it comes and goes every few months. As we still had our house in england we spent most of this year thinking of going back, hopefully now the house has completed we will be able to look for our own home that may help us to settle more. Aside from the emotions we do like Adelaide, the weather is the huge plus for us and we`ve been and seen some amazing things, we drove around the Barrossa Valley the other day really beautiful at this time of year. The kids love it here and are happy and thats what we came for and i`m sure me and he will get there in the end, we didnt expect it would be easy, but we have made some fab friends, all bloody poms, but `i love you all`:biglaugh:.

In all we are glad we came, before we did I used to read these forums and Id read peoples different views took in the good and bad (when i read the good i couldnt wait and when i read the bad i wasnt going), but no matter what others say, you will only know what its like when you try for yourself. And it works for some and not for others your not a failure if its not for you at least you tried. Im not sure we`ll stay for ever its early days but we are here for now, so heres to the next year and good luck to all those who are just arriving or leaving, hope you find what you are looking for.

donna

Great honest post good luck for the next year we also cant wait to have OUR own home :notworthy:

Guest stufi1997

Hi Donna,

your post really struck a chord with me infact I wrote an almost identical one a month ago on our 1 year anniversary (the site booted me out and i'd forgotten to save my schpeel)....We're feeling very much the same...glad we did it but not sure it's forever, certainly not where we're living at the moment.

Here's to a few more happy years xx Fiona;)

Guest the4hopes

Hi Donna,

About time you put this post on!!!! Great evening saturday,a nice celebration. You're in your second year now. See you soon

Laura xxx (one of the poms!)

PS did you like the cake the girls made today?

Guest Blackcat

Congratulations on selling your house, I know what a relief it is as ours took 15 months to sell, once you buy your own place it will feel more like home. By the way I think you are the Donna who was at Jane's house warming in Aldgate? Don't know if you remember me, but we had a brief chat! Happy house hunting, Gina

Hi Donna,

Seems you've been here forever! (In a good way!) :wubclub:

Congratulations to you all, and here's wishing you a wonderful this year - wherever you chose to spend it.

Love, Caroline.xxx

PS. Are you ready to buy those tickets on Monday hey??? Much better than some of the weird bands you like lol!

Guest dunnarunna

PS. Are you ready to buy those tickets on Monday hey??? Much better than some of the weird bands you like lol!

god yes, im going to go down the marion to get them i think as my tinternet is too slow and i missed out on pink tickets because of it im not missing out on accadacca ones! plus dont want them to think im a ticket tout as i got to try to get quite a few.

thanks for the good wishes everyone, yes gina i am that donna, jane told me your in your new place now, hope your happy there. and laura the cake was different but nice i only had a ickle bit.

donna

Guest The Pottertons

Great post Donna......really honest. Has made me think about renting or selling our house as we are unsure. Will it help us feel more settled quicker if we have no base in the UK to fall back on???? So onwards and upwards for you guys and good luck with the next year. Hopefully there will be more smooth than rough over the next months and we wish you all the best!!!!! Deffo looks as though you have some good friends over there from the posts!!! Yvonne x

Guest Guest75

Great post Donna

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Great news on the house sale, I reckon that is just what you needed to help settle you here even more.

I know when we met you guys were very unsure,but reading your post today suggests you've come a long way:):)