Wanted Down Under - Adelaide

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Ok who has watched it and what did you think??

I was really good and did not watch it this morning - will wait til Greg gets home and watch it together.

Don't forget it's Adelaide again on the 26th starring the Ashtons :lol: :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest dglamoore

Yes the first house in Flagstaff Hill was stunning although very pricey!!!!! The rental they stayed in was at Glenelg right on the beach - also nice but should be at £800 PER WEEK :shock: :shock:

Was great to see Adelaide itself and definitely still feels the right place for us :lol:

Lisa :D

I thought Adelaide looked very homely, somehow it felt right compared to Sydney & Perth. I've been to Sydney as its very cosmo, not my sort of thing, very busy, busy.... 8)

Flagstaff was nice but like Lisa I thought pricey & a rental at £800, my god !!! you can tell the BBC footed the bill :wink:

Emotional on the video family / friends footage but nothing I did not expect

Eagerly awaiting Monday

Angela :)

Guest Guest75
I do hope ABC will one day show the series Wanted down under over here. Angela sums up Adelaide very well when she said she feels it's homely.

Since Perth has had it's booming economy it has become expensive & lost something in the the process.

Adelaide is HOME and HOMELY to us :-)

I cant imagine that many of them will vote for the Uk as they were all sourced via migration agents, therefore had already got the process started before they were approached by the BBC - but then I may be wrong!

Great show and very informative but I do wish that they would stop throwing in the picture of Ularu (sorry dont rate my spelling!) with wanted down under on every ten minutes - Then again just incase we forget what we're watching :lol: Then again for 23 hours and fifty five minutes a day I do think Oz

Lindsey

Guest The Ashtons

YES that was us but i must say the BBC do a fantastic job when it comes to editing a program a few lines were cut and pasted especialy Billies experiance on and off the boat ok yes the swim was traumatic nothing was explained to any of the swimmers and the boat never stopped so 4 a first hand experiance of jumping into choppy waters trying to hang on to a rope whilst being pulled at so many knots was scarry to say the least.out of the thirty swimmers taking part only ten carried on the dive, the rest said it was too difficult.For myself and the point of view with work i dont think as a stranger in a new life could take on covert work.After loads of research i have found plenty of work in the field i enjoy so no problem.

Has 4 the beer im sure theres a tipple to suit every palet.

sorry to chomp but understandably the BBC need to make a show 4 tv not 4 us alone

Guest Guest75
YES that was us but i must say the BBC do a fantastic job when it comes to editing a program a few lines were cut and pasted especialy Billies experiance on and off the boat ok yes the swim was traumatic nothing was explained to any of the swimmers and the boat never stopped so 4 a first hand experiance of jumping into choppy waters trying to hang on to a rope whilst being pulled at so many knots was scarry to say the least.out of the thirty swimmers taking part only ten carried on the dive, the rest said it was too difficult.For myself and the point of view with work i dont think as a stranger in a new life could take on covert work.After loads of research i have found plenty of work in the field i enjoy so no problem.

Has 4 the beer im sure theres a tipple to suit every palet.

sorry to chomp but understandably the BBC need to make a show 4 tv not 4 us alone

I would not worry about the editing.It's what you want that counts and don't do anything you "think" people want.

There are plenty more beers here :-)

I've done my best in the name of market research and tried most.

Must admit that I don't mind Coopers - try some of the Boag's Tasmanian beers.

I note you are discussed in another forum :wink:

Hi Ashtons

Loved it yesterday, great to see you all on the tv, my boys were very chuffed at seeing Billie & that shes a girl (bless).

Jane I have sent you a pm about the suburbs as I was not sure you would be making a post, do you have your visa now?

When do you plan to go?

Angela

Guest MummyJarvo

Hi Angela and Ashtons

Just saw the T.V show after videoing it - Samantha also commented 'I thought Billie was a boy' when she saw it. The girls have both posted messages to her on the kids forum.

Must admit we thought that the choice of job selected was a bit strange, they don't seem to try to hard to find the right jobs on that show (we have only watched the Adelaide ones though)

Getting some people round to give us the lowdown on renting our house out next week and then we'll have to get ourselves moving.

Guest leeandkellie

i've never missed an episode of wanted down under yet it was that prog that made me finally make my mind up. we watched the show on fri an i could sympathise with Billie i kno what it's like to jump into deep waters like that i have serious problems with snorkels liam my 10yr old is the oposite he loves jumpin from boats out at sea. cant wait for the next adelaide one on wed i'll definatly be watchin it.

Guest dglamoore
All those families from Luton on that programme!! They are following ME!

hehehe you have stalkers :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see you back on here. Hope you are feeling better and Jon is looking after you :D

Lisa

Guest dglamoore

Think most of the people were chosen last year through migration agents - lucky things! Although I would take a lot of it with a pinch of salt as it's not as clear cut as it looks thanks to creative editing :wink:

Lisa :lol:

Guest dglamoore

Adelaide again tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Series finishes Friday....which could be a good thing as don't think I can bear hear the same old lines anymore :shock:

Lisa :lol:

I have found it very repetative but on the whole loved seeing Adelaide & other parts of Oz, surprised that Melbourne was not included at all !!

Is it true 40% brits return to the UK after 2 yrs..............hmm hoping that we will be the latter 60% that don't :wink:

Thanks for checking if there is a follow up series, it would be great to see how / if the choice they made has worked out for them :)

Well we will all see soon enough, not much longer now!

Angela