You could buy a house between mine and Graham's. :p:p:D
Originally Posted by soggy
Our boys are a lot older 7,10 and 13 so we feel that if we were going to do a rekki to look at schools houses area's etc then we would have to include the boys as its a big thing for them also!
our kids are now 12 , 13 in sept and the twins are 10 , 11 in sept !!
But i look at it this way ,
1. we will save a lot of money by not taking them, to go towards the big move.
2.We will be able to get lots more done without trailing them around with us .
3.if we like it they will have to come regardless of if they dont !!! I know if they dont like it , we wont you see.
4. we get 2 weeks of freedom, woopee!!
Once weve made a decision to migrate , or not ,then obviously they can have a look round the areas n schools weve chosen from the recci when we get out there , but ultimatley the choice of where we live and which schools the kids go to , will be down to us, the best school available and Ralphs ability to access good main roads to get to work.
By the way , at the moment they'd all move yesterday if they could!!
If anything its me thats the doubting Thomas!!
Sorry I miss understood what you were saying.
I do like the idea of just us two going out, I may have to get my mum back from Spain for a couple of weeks early nest year;).
Please let us know how you get on!
Before you know it , September will be here, this year is flying by.
The T.R.A. bit was the worst bit for us, weve both got enhanced police checks already and we know we are fit enough for the medicals, but the T.R.A. , what a faff.
The visa application is in Oz now and we are waiting for go matilda to tell us to go for the meds and get the police checks.
Weve decided not to front load, as weve not even put the house up for sale yet.
We will do it after the recci.
I am a naturally pessimistic person i'm affraid , the cups half empy type!!
I try not to be, but for me until ive seen the place i couldnt think about going.
Our life is nice here, you see , its just the way the countries going , we both think Oz will be better for the kids. But i have to see it first. Thats why its good sometimes to look at the not so fluffy sites . I think its good to read the bad as well as the good about a place, then its up to you to make a decision about a place. Now im waffling cos im on my 2nd glass of red!!
I'm quite optimistic however I have a feeling our TRA is going to go the same way, I'm a hairdresser and have had quite a few jobs so trailing back 7 years to get the relevant experiance evidence is not going to be easy, and also is all hairdressers who don't always follow rules for example I have never had a contract!!!
still I can pester and our agents have said they will put together the letter the places jusy have to put it on headed paper and sign it!
Sometimes I feel really excited and some times i feel sick with panic, a rekki would be the best possible plan, i just hope the finances will allow!
Nikki , did you not do day release at college nvq 1,2,3,?
If you have probs getting written proof from an employer, cos they dont exist any more , you can get a statutory declaration done from a solicitor saying e.g .
I was a junior at "curl up n dye!" for 3 years in that time i learnt x y z .The more detail the better.
The solicitor makes you swear its true , witness it and you both sign it.
Ralph had to do this as the bloke he did his apprentiship with moved to Spain 10 years ago.
The colleges keep copies too, Ralph had to get a copy of his City and Guilds from the building college in Leeds which he did over 20 years ago!! Hed lost it in one of his house moves.
So you never know there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope you sort it out. Work on your mum;)
The TRA was certainly the worst bit for us so once this is out f the way it does not seem so bad :o
We chose not to do a reccie as living in a country is far different from what you can experience in a few weeks. We had no expectations to live up to so could not really be disappointed We came over with the attitude that we no longer liked living (although we did have a good life there) in the uk so there for would make it work living in OZ. So far so good and it is far better than we thought it would be :). Plus as others have said the reccie money was used towards living expenses when we arrived. Everyone is different and on this there is no right or wrong answers.
Last edited by dglamoore; 12-07-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Originally Posted by ralph n bev
Bev can we leave our 2 monsters with your lot?!?! then i can imagine us going on a reccie 'woheyy' - but unfortunately we haven't got anyone to look after them! and i can't see myself dragging them around in the hot car researching anything and everything
Originally Posted by Django
oi Simon! you better make sure you'll get one of them 'white jackets' out of the deal should you get THAT house ;) :p
Originally Posted by soggy
yep, that's how we see it too! and should we really not like it we'll have some dosh to move on ....
woheyyyy - it worked!!
my first 'multiquote' thingy ;)
When i left school (quite a few years ago now) i did a two year apprenticeship but didn't complete, (the shop is still owned by the same lady and she said she will help with a reference), then i did a bit of hairdressing albeit with no formal quals for friends and family until about 7 years later when i worked to complete my training at Toni and Guy, moving onto another salon to completely finish nvq Levels 1,2 &3 not really classed as day release though, also the lady who was dealing with my training lost my log book so I had to start again!!! so to be honest its all a bit of a mish mash, however I have a certificate for level 2 dated 2001, level 3 2003, Thew main worry is for about 2 years I worked in a shop where I rented a chair, during this time i had some personal issues ( got divorced) and the owner didn't really get on with me so much so that I left and went to work for a college in Rochester she gave me a really poor reference :(. So all in all I a bit worried I won't be able to get enough evedence! but I have other stuff like invoices form the wholesalers for the time i worked there.
With regards to the Rekki Lee and I have discussed this and decided that we are going to Aus anyway so we would rather keep the money for when we move, however if we find we have to activate the Visa, (i.e. house doesn't sell in time) then we will cross that bridge at that time!It is rather daunting however, I am not looking at it with rose coloured glasses, and sometimes the best laid plans and all that! However if the oppertunity arrises i wouldn't turn it down but its not very likely!!!:D
Hey i like the elemant of suprise!!:D