Arriving in September

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi all

Well afer much huming and harring we decided to not sell the house - put it up for rent, hand in our notices and come out in September. We were going to hang on a wee while longer but have been turned down for some jobs as we aren't available in person for interviews, so thougth we'd better get our backsides over there, so we are available for interview.

So hunting flights and accommodation as I speak - and planning our final weekend hol in Scotland with the family :sad:

Terrified and excited at the same time !!!

Lisa

Guest back clan

Good luck with all your plans and enjoy your last holiday in Scotland

We are flying out in September too.

Have to be out our house nxt wk. BIG PANIC. Madly trying to get rid of everything we don't want, then renting for 8 wks and spending last few wks up in North East visiting my family.

We found best deal through dial a flight with Cathay Pacific. Think it was £1200 for the three of us.

If you want the number let me know and I will get ian to pm you

Guest Lisado

Hi Lesley

wow that was a good price - if you could give us the number that woul dbe great. All I do at the moment is compare prices. Did you sell your house? What date do you go. We looking at 5 Sept

its exciting :)

Lisa

Guest The Pottertons

How exciting....congrats. We plan to rent out our house too when the time arrives. Good luck with your journey!! Yvonne

We are in a similar position. House on market - no takers - got visas - plan to go out soon. I think the only option is to rent out our house. Not what i had planned but really left with liitle choice. Have any of you contacted that National House Buyer company advertising on TV. They guarantee buying your property regardless of condition and location. I know they will offer well below market value but just wondered how much lower.

Guest familygood

Hi,

Good luck with all the planning. I love that part! We found ringing Cathay Pacific direct you get the lowest fares. Ignore their website it seems to have a mind of its own... Though once you have booked it has a really good Manage Your Booking section where you can pre arrange seats, meals etc. We will be folloiwing you out in not time. Cant wait!!!

Guest Nile

Hi all!

Its getting more exciting the closer it gets to our departure - We have an offer on the house but no where near what we need - but alas we shall endeavour as we want to be on the other side of the rainbow. Those arriving in September we shall all have to meet up - there are plenty of people on this site to meet and get some good learned advice from.

I keep going to old buildings an touching them, went to a real ale fest recently and thought about how I'll miss it all - especially since the sun was shining.

See you all soon (gulp!)

Guest Lisado

I think the National House Buyer Company would offer a really low price for a house - although not 100% sure. I do think be lower than say £20k of the asking price. Be handy to know if anyone has used them. I have just found out someone "may" want 2nd viewing on the house but we can't hang around too long as need to put it up for rent. Then we will have to find place to rent - madness isn't it :unsure:

I have been on Cathay Pacific website and can get flights for around £1600 but will call them later to see what they say on the phone.

Yeps a September meet up be good (and it will be my 1st birthday in Oz in Sept too :cute:)

Lisa

Guest back clan

Hi Lisa,

Dial A flights number is 01732 592133. I would definitely give them a ring. We are going on Sept 1st. I keep feeling really excited and then scared stiff and the list of jobs we need to do seems to be growing by the minute.

Luckily we should be exchanging contracts on the house on Friday and completing nxt friday so the shipping company is coming to pack and put our stuff in storage for a while.

I will be in Hartlepool and Newcastle for quite a lot of August. If you are around and fancy a coffee let me know. It would be great to meet you.

Lesley

Guest Lisado

Just booked the flights for 4 sept from Glasgow to Adelaide, staying at HK for 2 nights. Now feel sick with nerves and panicking about peanut free flights and hotel for Amelia. Gonna have to be extra careful - might need help with translations in cantonese / manadarin - No Peanuts Please :goofy:

Guest Lisado

Well - just booked flights from Glasgow to Adelaide via HK. staying in HK for 2 nights. Now feel sick and panicking about everything - including peanut free flights and hotel for Amelia. Hey might need help in translation into cantonese / manadrin - No peanuts Please !!:goofy:

We should be there on 7 Sept - get thie fizz ready!!

Lisa

Guest Nile

Hi,

Do any of you moving in September now where you will be staying yet? Zoe and I are using the On Arrival services, so we wont know until we arrive ! Aslo - Think I have sold the house and they want a 4 week turn over so we could have no where to live - still, I have had an offer of a roo m above my local pub until we leave!! - Don't think the wife is too keen though but I thinks its great!

Guest Lisado

Hi Nile

I think your temporary lodgings sound great !!!

We still looking for places to live at the moment - thought about OAA but decided to see what we can find ourselves although its hard doing it from here eh

Pondering on when to tell my boss I have booked flights - sheknows I am going but not so soon :err:

Lisa