Nursing in Australia is Great

Liz and Kris UK

LOL. I'm finding it the other way around. In the UK we would get 1 1/2 hours as we would put the T break in with the main break at night and once the staffing changed on the ward i worked on that was pretty much guaranteed. Now we get half hour break and thats only if we get time. Where do you work Kris? Might have to look at changing jobs lol.

I'm at the RAH to. Must just be a difference in the wards. I work on S5 which is a bit of a mixture. We have Plastics, Neuro, Gynae, Gynae onc and Derm. Strange combo i know, not sure who thought of that lol. What about you?

Guest moonraker1959
Hi

I am on night shift and on my break. Someone has made a homemade curry and I am watching highlights of the french open. In the UK I never even got time for a break.

Kris

I work for the NHS and to be honest if you did'nt get a break,thats really your own fault!A colleaque of mine was having a whinge about that issue a while ago,and basically because she was unorganised in her work load,she had to forfeit her break!Not saying this was your case,but you can insist on having a break and legally you're meant to!;)

Hi

Can you tell me, do they use auxilary nurses there?

Thanks, Mandy

Hi Mandy.

Unfortunately they don't use auxilary nurses on the ward I'm on, not sure about other areas of the hospital though.