We're back - and I'm knackered!

Guest The Bowmans

Guest The Bowmans

Hi all,

We arrived back from our reccie last night at about 10pm, via a stopover in Singapore - can thoroughly recommend the Marina Mandarin hotel for your Singapore stopover. It was great, really luxurious, great location and as always in Singapore, great service.

I will post a reccie report later this week, when my brain returns to UK time. We had a great time and I would like to thank Richard (aka Richjop) and Lisa, Greg and Dawn for their time and hospitality, letting us pick their brains and allowng us into their homes. Thanks guys, it was much appreciated. Richard, we hope you arrrived back in the UK safely after your marathon journey and that your house completion and journey back home to Oz with Joanne and the boys is smooth and easy.

Hope all you guys here are ok - anything much happened in my absence......? I could read everything posted while we were away but can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

Deena :)

Guest ralph n bev

Hi Deena,

glad you had a safe journey back, and that you both enjoyed your recci .

Cant wait till youve come round a bit and do a recci post !

We do ours Sept 16th cant wait , was it what you expected?

Bev:D

Guest mOZzy

hey deena and john!

good to see you back home again ... guess you'd rather stayed there ;)

so how did it go? everything as you expected it??

hope you settle back quickly

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Bev

We had been to Adelaide before but that was 5 years ago and we didn't really take it in as a place to live. It was great, it answered many questions for us and it's fair to say raised a fair few others........Well worth it for us though. You'll have a great time and the weather will be so much better for you than it was for us!

Where are you staying on your reccie....?

Deena :)

Guest ralph n bev

Hi Deena ,

we are hiring a campervan and touring the suburbs , thought we may as well , we are camper/caravaners any way , and as we are not taking the kids with us (:D:P)we thought it would save hiring a car, going back to the same place each night.

We think we will probably like to settle in the North East, but thats what the recci is for , well suburbs and to let Ralph get an idea what its like on site work wise , and for me to check out some schools!!

So deffinatley hoping its warmed up a bit at night !!

Bev

Guest Django

Hi Deena,

Great to have you back on line. Well whats happened since you've been gone? Wenger has quit Arsenal after he sold half the squad. The board went into turmoil and in the end accepted an offer to merge with Tottenham.:eek: So nothing for anyone to worry about.;)

Glad you had a great time and look forward to your full report.

Pete

ps did you have to burn that red and white rag to keep warm???? :D

Guest The Bowmans

Thanks Pete, knew I could count on you for a full and hoest update on events.......:) Do you seriously think that I wasn't in daily contact with the mother ship (http://www.arsenal.com) via the free internet offered at the very nice State Library building on North Terrace....... and if I was going to pick colours to burn, navy blue and white would bring a nice glow to my cheeks :)

We took quite a lots of pics and also met some really nice real estate agents - details to follow in reccie........

Off to bed soon as I am starting to feel like I have having an out-of-body experience!

Deena

Guest dglamoore

Hi Deena and John

Good to see you arrived back safe and sound. Was lovely to meet up and hope you enjoyed the rest of your reccie ;)

Looking forward to reading your post with your experiences of Adelaide when you have got your body back to the right time ;)

Lisa:cool:

Hi Deena,

Great to have you back on line. Well whats happened since you've been gone? Wenger has quit Arsenal after he sold half the squad. The board went into turmoil and in the end accepted an offer to merge with Tottenham.:eek: So nothing for anyone to worry about.;)

Glad you had a great time and look forward to your full report.

Pete

ps did you have to burn that red and white rag to keep warm???? :D

Pete,

Im glad u are Joking about the merger! Might have to slit my wrists!

Any way glad you enjoyed your Reccie, ours is due in 2 weeks and 3 days and 1 hour ( not counting) glad u enjoyed and cant wait for ours!!

Richard returned on Sunday and said how lovely it was to meet you, hopefully he didn't ramble on too much!!!! Even after flying via Singapore, Bangkok and Zurich he still had the wits about him to call Ben and pretend he was in Australia and then rang the doorbell, lots of tears and hugs made the stress of 7 weeks without him disappear.

The packers are in and we fly out on 24th (next Tuesday), to the house that you have seen and I haven't which is very strange!!!! Looking forward to reading what you made of Adelaide and hopefully will see you on the other side soon...

Joanne

Richard , Jo and family . Good luck with your imminent journey and hope kids behave en route. We fly out two days after and will apologise in advance to anyone who may be unlucky enough to be sitting near to us on the flight !! A two hour flight to Majorca last year was hell with our two little ones , wish us luck and hopefully can get together at a later date .

Best wishes Rich , Liz , Hattie(3) and Rory(1.5);)

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Deena

Welcome back.

I too am very eager to hear how you got on. We are off on our recci in 5 weeks and any ideas on how to get the most out of it would be great.

Rachel