Central Heating Engineer Wanted

Guest cafehag

Guest cafehag

Can anyone recommend a Central Heating Engineer who could install a British style (boiler, pump, radiators) gas central heating system in my house in Millswood. It is an older property with wooden floors, cellar, hatches etc. which should provide room for underfloor pipe runs.

I realise that these systems are still relatively rare in Australia but, as we intend to stay in the property long term, I think it would prove to be the best solution for us.

Any recommendations of local plumbers (or c/h engineers who have moved over from the UK) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross.

Guest mancs in oz

My Husband is an experiecened heating engineer, he worked for british gas for 25yrs then went on his own for the next 6yrs fitting and installing boilers, heating, rads etc., before moving over here, we have been here for 10months now

I don't have any info, but just wanted to bump your thread, as I am also interested, not now but later on. I never been so cold in my life and Adelaide is not even that cold. The houses have poor insulation and no central heating, really miss my old house, nice and warm.

Guest marty

Its not cold just a bit nippy in the mornings it does not get much colder this is about it, the only trouble with installing a wet central heating system it the water, you will rust out the Rads in no time and forever be replacing them. I have seen a few systems in Adelaide but mainly in big mansions in the hills or North Adelaide, a reverse cycle ducted AC would be the best option as you would then have cooling in the summer

• 2 years later...
Guest luke lee

if you flush the system the correct way and then use inbieter for the system its wont rust. i have worked in the yorkshire dales in the uk with very hard water and citys with mixed heating systems in schools,highrises etc with steel + copper there all fine.

ducted ac is a good source as its not that cold here. haha

Luke is that the Luke I know?

Try this company...http://www.carmanheat.net.au/index.html

I worked for them and the stuff your talking about is the stuff they fit as well as other types of heating.

Its not as cheap as you would hope but its what your looking for.

Hope it helps Rob

Guest Plumboz

Hi all,

My partner are I are in the process of starting a British style central heating installation service, we are currently sourcing correct materials with costs and we will be looking for some guinea pigs for some of our first installs. These systems will be near cost. If you are interested in this then please let me know, we are confident that you will be happy with the heat it produces and the running costs. I think we can all agree that that you cannot compare the instant, dust free and even heat that these systems produce.

We will be keeping Adelaide toastie warm for many years to come.

Guest cafehag

Didn't expect to see this thread again!

The system was installed about a year ago, used an ex-UK plumber, and the rads etc were ordered in direct from Manchester (more affordable at current exchange rates).

Thanks anyway.