The Shipping Agents came yesterday

Guest back clan

Guest back clan

and our stuff is on the way. Needs to be in storage for a while as we are not flying until 1st Sept.

We move out the house today. It's weird leaving all those memories behind but I do feel really positive about everything. Willl be renting for six weeks then visiting family.

Our daughter just keeps saying how scared she is as she does not remember living at our last place. Just to top it off spent 3 hrs in A and E with her yesterday because we think she has cracked a bone in her hand. Have to go back to the hospital today:arghh:

It really does feel like we are on our way after 3.5 years of trying to get a visa. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Adelaide:D

• 1 month later...
Guest Obedoh

Good luck with the move, ours goes next Thursday. Can't wait, one less headache. I know how you feel about your daughter, my three year old broke his arm in the first week of the holidays. Two trips to A & E and two hours in the fracture clinic last Friday. Hope she is ok.

Jackie

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Lesley, We shipped our stuff over , we had a shared container , so take's a little bit longer. They collected our belongings on the 10th June and we are still waiting for it , It should be with us in the next few days can't wait to get more clothes to wear?. We used Anglo Pacific , so far they have been ok . ATB Paul .

Guest Kevin Quinn
Hi Lesley, We shipped our stuff over , we had a shared container , so take's a little bit longer. They collected our belongings on the 10th June and we are still waiting for it , It should be with us in the next few days can't wait to get more clothes to wear?. We used Anglo Pacific , so far they have been ok . ATB Paul .

Hey Paul,

A shared container?? did you guys arrange that or the shipping company? Obviously shared = reduced cost?

Kev

Guest Kevin Quinn

WOW How rude am I??? I highjacked your post and didn't even say congratulations!

So, congratulations Lesley, Ian and Louise.......3.5 years is the toughest journey I've heard about on here, so for your determination alone you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Kev

Guest Sharon and Paul

:biglaugh:

Hey Paul,

A shared container?? did you guys arrange that or the shipping company? Obviously shared = reduced cost?

Kev

Hi , The shipping company came out to our house asked us what we wanted to take then said we only needed 1/2 container. We did not bother with bedroom furniture as most houses out here have built in wardrobes , I was gob smacked just how well they packed our contents from a 4 bed det house into 1/2 a container. There are a few things you can't bring ie wicker, sented candles, dirty garden tools , even your shoes have to be mud free. We had a few car boot sales dumped any old clothes to the charity shops. Iv'e just been told we had 40 cu ft and cost us £3000.00. We couldn't make our minds up if we where going to have a container or not , but it's all your personal stuff and yout dvds ect and you can't bring it all with you . Now we are here iam glad we should have our container in the next few days :P