Goodbye Van Heckes

Beanbear

:sad:

Many of you will know the sad tale of Carolyn and her family who have had to return to the UK after she lost her job here. It was very sad to see her off at the airport yesterday, knowing that it really wasn't what she wanted at all.:(

Her and Wayne really embraced the life here and were busy getting the best out of it, so what a shame to have to give it all up. It is certainly a cautionary tale for those on the business sponsored visas - make sure you get all your relocation costs built into your contract. :arghh:

Anyway, her and their oldest child will arrive home today and at least they will be back together with Wayne and the youngest. I wish them all the very best for the future and hope they can build a new and improved life, based on the best of the experiences they have had here.

:sad:

Many of you will know the sad tale of Carolyn and her family who have had to return to the UK after she lost her job here. It was very sad to see her off at the airport yesterday, knowing that it really wasn't what she wanted at all.:(

Her and Wayne really embraced the life here and were busy getting the best out of it, so what a shame to have to give it all up. It is certainly a cautionary tale for those on the business sponsored visas - make sure you get all your relocation costs built into your contract. :arghh:

Anyway, her and their oldest child will arrive home today and at least they will be back together with Wayne and the youngest. I wish them all the very best for the future and hope they can build a new and improved life, based on the best of the experiences they have had here.

they arent from manchester are they? Only i wait to school primary and high with a wayne van heck!! Small world if they are!!!

Guest BAZnDAF

Its a heartbreaking situation, DIAC really need to look at those types of visa's, they should give families a chance to look for other work, cancelling the visa the minute your made redundant is just morally wrong.

I do hope everything goes well for them in the future.

they arent from manchester are they? Only i wait to school primary and high with a wayne van heck!! Small world if they are!!!

;)

That's quite funny. It's bound to be the same Wayne - Carolyn told me there are no other Van Heckes in the phone book up there and he is the same age as you. Shame you didn't get the chance to catch up!