Just wanted to say thankyou and add info for single parents x

ozzieclare2be

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the kind messages of support and offers of help, and to update and also this information may be of benefit to any other single parents out there

Ive got a rental, which is actually next door to me and i move in next weekend! Ive bought another car (much cheaper and economical), which will be much better for me and Alex.

Sorted out centerlink, which was a bit of nightmare and involved lots of tears lol. I wont get the parenting payment as i havent been in aus 2 years but i will get family assistance A.B and rent assist. The paretning payment was $90 a fortnight but they want to see your wage slips all the time , so in a way im glad i dont get it as its too much hassle. also find out today if i will get my bond payed for for my rental...it all helps!!! oh and a healtchcare card which reduces the cost of prescriotions and doctors fees.

In Australia you also have to use the child support agency otherwise they reduce any extra help to a minimum, ive done the calculator and its a laughable amount, but its better than nothing and im sure the ex will contribute to his sons upbringing. They can trace people abroad as well with this.

Anyone looking into divorce, you have to be seperated 12 months before you apply for one, and there are only one grounds which is the marriage has broken down.

Hope this information is useful, its such a sad thing to happen but ive heard of 2 other couples splitting up recently so it may be of help.

Would be lovely to get together with others in my situation, everyone i know is all coupled up:(

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Clare

I have only just realised your situation, am sorry to hear it hun. The last I knew you were heading back to the UK? I guess this way why and you have now decided to stay! Well done you, you have taken the situation by the "short and curlies" and got on with it. Very commendable indeed!!! Hope everything works out for you, sounds like you are on the right track already.

I am a great believer in "you get out what you put in". Get a lotto ticket on next week girl, the world's your Oyster!!

Mandy

Guest UzinOz

Well done, you should be proud of yourself for making a go of it.

Just one other thing that you might not know, if you are entitled to a health care card you might be entitled to a fee free bank account, depending on who you bank with, I work at Westpac and know that they do them, worth asking at your bank, as you said, every little helps!! ;)

Good Luck

Jackie

Well done, you should be proud of yourself for making a go of it.

Just one other thing that you might not know, if you are entitled to a health care card you might be entitled to a fee free bank account, depending on who you bank with, I work at Westpac and know that they do them, worth asking at your bank, as you said, every little helps!! ;)

Good Luck

Jackie

oh i didnt realise this!! i bank with westpac, it all helps :jiggy:thanks hun x

Hi Clare

I have only just realised your situation, am sorry to hear it hun. The last I knew you were heading back to the UK? I guess this way why and you have now decided to stay! Well done you, you have taken the situation by the "short and curlies" and got on with it. Very commendable indeed!!! Hope everything works out for you, sounds like you are on the right track already.

I am a great believer in "you get out what you put in". Get a lotto ticket on next week girl, the world's your Oyster!!

Mandy

well hun i think your right, there no point being miserable, youve got to get up and get on with life. Im also a firm believer in what goes around comes around and hopefully karma will prevail lol ;)

Guest jetskitony

hi,

clare as you know my friend is going through the same as you,you also get your rego cheaper and your drivers licence cheaper just show them your card.

myrtle

xx

Guest moonraker1959

Just like to wish you the very best pet,hope all goes well for you,must be pretty tough going it alone,don't know your story as I don't come on here much anymore,but anyway hope it all works out for you,take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the kind messages of support and offers of help, and to update and also this information may be of benefit to any other single parents out there

Ive got a rental, which is actually next door to me and i move in next weekend! Ive bought another car (much cheaper and economical), which will be much better for me and Alex.

Sorted out centerlink, which was a bit of nightmare and involved lots of tears lol. I wont get the parenting payment as i havent been in aus 2 years but i will get family assistance A.B and rent assist. The paretning payment was $90 a fortnight but they want to see your wage slips all the time , so in a way im glad i dont get it as its too much hassle. also find out today if i will get my bond payed for for my rental...it all helps!!! oh and a healtchcare card which reduces the cost of prescriotions and doctors fees.

In Australia you also have to use the child support agency otherwise they reduce any extra help to a minimum, ive done the calculator and its a laughable amount, but its better than nothing and im sure the ex will contribute to his sons upbringing. They can trace people abroad as well with this.

Anyone looking into divorce, you have to be seperated 12 months before you apply for one, and there are only one grounds which is the marriage has broken down.

Hope this information is useful, its such a sad thing to happen but ive heard of 2 other couples splitting up recently so it may be of help.

Would be lovely to get together with others in my situation, everyone i know is all coupled up:(

Hi Clare.

You've got things sorted so quickly well done.I must say i think it's really brave what you are doing. I may be a single parent but i made that choice coming here so had the chance to prepare for the emotional side of things to come, plus it must be harder having a younger one.

Thanks for the info re child support.I wasn't actually aware of that.When i eventually get PR i will have to pluck up the courage to speak to Alicia's dad. I didn't ask him to continue paying as felt a bit guilty taking his daughter away.

Anyway thanks again and well done. I'm sure you have been inundated with offers but would be great to meet up sometime if you fancy a man free chat lol.

Take care.xx