electrician?

Beanbear

:arghh:

After an extremely frustrating day we are still none the wiser as to whether our hot water thermostat was defective (it's been replaced) or whether we have some kind of electrical fault - the water is heated overnight so won't know until tomorrow and that will be the third day of no hot water!! Grrrrr

Anyway fingers crossed the guy today has solved the problem, but if he hasn't we will need a sparky so if anyone has anyone they can suggest we would be grateful (we live in the Blackwood area.)

Don't you hate waiting in all day, then long after your tradie was supposed to come they turn up, just as you have to leave...

And when you've had a really bad day and then the top comes off the spice jar, tipping its contents into your dinner and ruining it, well...

Obviously this is after your oven takes an hour to coax it to work in the first place as its timer setting is faulty...

Welcome to my world!!!:mad::goofy:

Guest tooeasy

if your hot water is not heating up it can only e 1 of 3 things the themostat ,the ellement, or no power getting to the ellement

you can overide the timer and put it on during the day to check out if its working sounds like they are taking you for a ride

if your hot water is not heating up it can only e 1 of 3 things the themostat ,the ellement, or no power getting to the ellement

you can overide the timer and put it on during the day to check out if its working sounds like they are taking you for a ride

Unfortunately we don't have a timer - the electrician told me off about this and said it will be costing us a lot more than we need to be paying, so will need to get one fitted. Anyway having had the element and thermostat replaced, it turned out to be the wire from the heater having burnt through, Replaced and working now - not sure why plumber couldn't have just tested the current, instead of replacing the parts, but fortunately he did this as a warranty job, so we didn't get charged for that.

Alls well that ends well and we are all bathed again.:v_SPIN:

Guest Bodie

BB,

I can recommend Hawthorndene Electric. The owners name is Jon. They have done quite a bit of work at my place, always turned up on time and provided a good service. We also have the details of a great plumber. PM me if you want their contact details.

Bodie.