Its suddely so real!

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Well the furniture has gone on its way today - so we sitting on garden chairs for a while now until we go (we look like squatters lol!)

We managed to sell our car as well today :)

Its just so real now - we are going 9 weeks on friday :jiggy:

Lisa

I know just what you mean!! We're a day behind you - our stuff goes tomorrow - it's quite a weird feeling... sat here on a cardboard box, having my last fix of PIA before i stop procrastinating and get round to putting the computer away! Feel like I could sleep for ever - so knackered! Good luck with it all x

Guest Dave & Carole

Squatters united.....our stuff went yesterday too. Weird seeing all your belongings in a container, being driven away on a lorry. nly three weeks of sitting on the floor as we fly out on 25th July. Mind you the packers left some boxes which the children have been playing in - haven't noticed their toys have gone yet :)

Guest jetskitony

Good luck to all you guys,we have been here nearly 6 months and love it,it seems ages ago since we waved goodbye to our container in the uk.If you need any help or advice just ask.

myrtle,tony,callum

Guest graandjac

Good news , now it's time to try and chill , you will have some wobbles but it's all natural, you'll be rushing round lilk loonies now doing the not so nice bit:unsure:, but stay focused....nearly there..or here:jiggy:

Well the furniture has gone on its way today - so we sitting on garden chairs for a while now until we go (we look like squatters lol!)

Lisa

god it seems like such a long long time ago since we went thru all of that, but it was only what 16 months ago.....whatever feelings, be them happy, sad, doubtful, nervous its all so normal....we have ALL been there at some point...

CHASE YOUR DREAMS CATCH THEM, HOLD THEM TIGHT AND NEVER EVER LET THEM GO !!!!

Enjoy your last few weeks back in blighty.....and look forward to the first few weeks of the rest of your lives....

HG !!!

Guest TheTodds

Good luck with it all. Our stuff is in storage and we are living with parents until we fly on 16th September. A roller coaster of emotions! Enjoy the summer here in England and safe journey over to Adelaide!

Guest Lisado

Does anyone else feel like they living on takeaways as well?? We sent our iron and kettle over so had to go and buy cheap ones. I was looking for some knives and remembered they had gone too - so strange

We have makeshift curtains too :err:

SO pleased I'm not the only one out there :)

Guest Dave & Carole

Not totally onto takeaways yet - thank god for hot weather & salads. Not sure how long I'll survive though before we revert to ordering out more!!!!

I know what you mean though - I keep going to use stuff that isn't here anymore. Most of it is fine, but we are missing our sofas already & its only been 2 days:(

Guest hel&sam

good luck everyone, but god i'm soooo jealous, not a sniff of a house buyer yet so i'm waiting not so patiently. i'll be sure an turn the light off when i leave cos i think i'm gonna be the last one here. Just joking. lots of luck to you all, see you out there eventually.

Helen.

xx

Guest Kelly pj

Lisa

Wow, exciting times ahead hey! I bet your having lots of mixed emotions right now, I can't wait to get 2 that point, not long to go now we hope, everythings in and just waiting!! Come on mr case officer!!! Anyway good luck, enjoy and hope 2 be following shortly (everything crossed)

Did you do a shipping? If so who did you use and how much? there are sum good threads on this already but any more advice/opinions and experiences is always good

Guest Lisado
Wow, exciting times ahead hey! I bet your having lots of mixed emotions right now, I can't wait to get 2 that point, not long to go now we hope, everythings in and just waiting!! Come on mr case officer!!! Anyway good luck, enjoy and hope 2 be following shortly (everything crossed)

Did you do a shipping? If so who did you use and how much? there are sum good threads on this already but any more advice/opinions and experiences is always good

Hi there

We are going with EVL Removals and s ar they have been great. Its cost us £1570 for shared container - prc emay go up as we seemed to have more stff than realised. THey came and packed everything for us - wrapped china the lot. 2 really canny blokes.

Huge tip to everyone out there - Buy vacum pack bags - can order them on Amazon. It was amazing to see my daughters huge collection of cuddly toys be sucked tiny in one of those bags. We got clothes, quilts, everything in them and they are protected as well from damp etc. Definately best £42 I have spent

Guest Lisado
oh wow can't wait to get to that stage - nearly there. Promise you will remember us and help us out when we get there too.

There is so much happy news around at the moment I keep waiting for something to go wrong!

Absoutely - just give us a shout. PM me anytime

Lisa