Hooooray Visa Granted!!!

mydearboy

Thats great news hope you can get out there soon. We have applied for the same visa as you and hoping we will hear soon to. How long was it after your meds that you got your visa?

Hi was about 4-5 weeks from medicals and police checks. Good Luck wont be long now. :)

Thanks very much, we are doing a reccie in september to validate our visa and are planning to move out april 2010 as my wife is pregnant and we want the baby here so we got another application to do before we get out there lol.

Good luck with the pregnancy and it probably makes sense wait. We can't wait and desperate to hear we want to be out there before Christmas. Don't want another winter here!

Cant see any reason why you wont have the visa in a few weeks. where are you planning on moving to at first?, we are planning southern beaches, but willl hope to decide after reccie. :)

Not really decided on an area. We were thinking central but been looking at Hallet Cove and Aldinga Beech too. Going to get a holiday let - if there are any left and then look for a long term rental once there. We have not been so have no idea what areas are like but getting a feel for places on here.

What job you planning on doing? my husband is in IT so don't want to be too far out so he does not have to commute.

Guest Tracey
Great News today we got our PR175 visa's im so relieved!

Must say i think i was lucky and had a really straightfoward application, took 7months from initial application to visa grant. thumbsup.gif

Congratulation on visa, it feels great doesn't it? I had to keep checking status page just to make sure lol. All the best for your future there, for you and the new baby when he/she arrives

Trace

Guest heather&dean

I'm so pleased for you and good luck witht the baby.

We had our medicals two weeks ago and my husband's medical has been referred because he is overweight and had high lipids in his blood. He's only a stone overweight so I'm hoping that they grant our visa. Anyone else been in this position?

Heather x

Guest Tracey
I'm so pleased for you and good luck witht the baby.

We had our medicals two weeks ago and my husband's medical has been referred because he is overweight and had high lipids in his blood. He's only a stone overweight so I'm hoping that they grant our visa. Anyone else been in this position?

Heather x

Hi Heather, my husband was overweight also when we had medicals. He never had lipids tested, just the usual HIV test. I don't think you will have any problems as long as there wasn't any major problems. Lipid levels can be corrected. And if he was only a stone overweight, then i think a lot of us would have had no chance. I don't think you will have any problems. All the very best of luck to you

Guest heather&dean
Hi Heather, my husband was overweight also when we had medicals. He never had lipids tested, just the usual HIV test. I don't think you will have any problems as long as there wasn't any major problems. Lipid levels can be corrected. And if he was only a stone overweight, then i think a lot of us would have had no chance. I don't think you will have any problems. All the very best of luck to you

Hi Tracey, thanks for info. I've put my hubby on a strict low saturated fat diet in an attempt to lower his LDLs. I see that your a nurse, are you enjoying working in Adelaide? I'm a nurse too and looking forward to starting my job. Was your husband's medical referred too, and if so how long did it take to get you visa after referral? My husband told me that he's only one stone overweight, but I think closer to two, bless him. Heather

Guest Tracey

Hi Heather, my husband was not referred at all, there were no problems, like i said he didn't even have a lipid test, just the HIV. And to be honest he was 16half stone and 6ft, so was more than one stone overweight bless him. Iwould not worry too much. If you check my signature it didn't take long from medicals to visa, which is a very good feeling (but i was also very worried about medicals, i think we all do). I fly out in september, so not started work yet, but looking forward to it. pm if you like. All the very best of luck mate. Trace