• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: On Arrival Accommodation

Woodcroft, Adelaide
      72 times
      Quote Originally Posted by The Flinns View Post
      Hi Corrinne

We have applied for OAA and I think that you get a maximum of 12 weeks, which should see us on until our furniture arrives. I've asked for Glenelg on our form but I'm not holding my breath!

Hi Howard

Cool, 12 weeks would sort us till furniture arrives too. Will put down our areas on the request and wait to see what happens. Just waiting for our babies visa to come through before we can book our flights but hoping for 27 Sept.

Corinne (40), Mark (39), Millie (12), Harvey (10), Joseph (7) and Max (4) Live the dream........then get a new one

2 times
      Quote Originally Posted by bishop3912 View Post
      Yo fellow white stilletto fan!!!!!!!!

Great to hear positive from someone who has used it, we know it will be well basic, but as long as its clean it will take one less stress off us for a short while. We hope to be in the South too, you never know we could end up in your neck of the woods!! How long did you have the accommodation for??? Do they allocate it to you for just a couple of weeks or a month???? Did you also make use of the area tour guide??

Regards, Corinne, x
      As PP said you can have it up to 12 weeks - I think you have to give 1 weeks notice, as we found a house to buy after 2 weeks and it took 3/4 weeks to go through we were there for 6 weeks in all. We were glad to get out but in hindsight realise the money it saved us was such a big help in the early days.

We had the meet and greet service, Denis and Rene, its worth doing even if it is for the free taxi from the airport (particuarly with a big family) to your accommodation and the free UBD (street directory).

Make sure you PM when you get here. we can swap stillettos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums