Anyone heading to Adelaide in September 09???

Guest sutty77

Guest sutty77

Hi

Just wondered if there are any people/families heading out to Adelaide in September??

We are family of 5, myself (30) OH (34) and 3 girls aged 12, 10 and 1.

Got visa grant on 1st July - YIPPPEEEEEEE

We are flying from LHR via Singapore.

Look forward to any replies.

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Yes, we are flying out via Singapore on 5th September 2009. What date are you flying? We are flying into Sydney, onto Canberra and then into Adelaide on 18th September. Time is just flying and there is so much to do. From reading a few posts, there are quite a few families arriving September time. Maybe we could have a big meet up when we all arrive!!

Alison x

Guest Django

We arrived in September last year and for us, it is the best time to arrive. You have a few months to do your running around and settle before the real heat kicks in but you still feel the warmth as you leave the plane.

We were greeted by blue skies and green fields. you really get to see the place at its best.

Hope the sun is shining for you when you arrive because youinstantly get the feeling that you've done the right thing.;)

Pete

Hi Mandy,

We are flying out of LHR on 15 September via Singapore.

We are Kay and Swifty (39), Anna (9) and Albie (2), 3 by the time we leave!

Staying with Tyke for 6 weeks to wait for the container and explore the area, I was only thinking the other day that there should be forums listed by the month people are arriving, then we could share help and advice etc. 53 days until I have to move to my Mums house with the kids. :arghh: Can't wait! :biglaugh:

Guest seekingsunshine

Hiya! we are flying out of LHR on 15/09/09 too! with singapore airlines :)

you should probably hope you're not sitting too near us, twins of 3 years old and a baby who'll be twelve weeks! i'm sure people will panic when they see us!though my mum is coming out with us to help!

ten weeks to go!

Hels 27, Matt 30

They'll have to scream loud as we are flying with BA and then picking up Qantas from Singapore!!! What time of day do you fly out?? We have picked an evening flight in the vain hope that the kids will fall asleep!! :biglaugh:

Guest seekingsunshine

ha ha!perhaps you'll just hear us in the airport then!

we've picked an evening flight too...think we fly out bout 6pm ish....for the exact same reason as you!they've got to sleep at some point!! hopefully!

its only 20 something hours.....how bad can it be?!?!

whats your three year old like? i've got a boy and a girl.....i'm hoping they'll have good cartoons on singapore airline.....tv is the only thing they'll sit still for!

mandy what date are you flying out on?

Anna (9) has been flying long haul since just before she was 3 and once a year since then either to the Dominican or to the States, she tends to get on, eat (whilst moaning about the food) and then sleep! Albie has done one long haul but when he was just over a year old and he was a good boy but he is a bit more 'lively but good humoured' now which is great but other people often don't appreciate other peoples kids, I am hoping that we will sit near people that don't mind a giggle and will play peek a boo through the seats!!!:unsure:

Guest WoodMartin

Hi there,

We are planning on flying in September, maybe early October. Just waiting to exchange contracts on the house and get a date we need to move out by. Then we can book flights. The Solicitors need to get a move on!! Luckily our buyers were happy to wait till September when we sold (a couple of months ago now), now it is all about waiting!

I agree, a meet up would be good on the other side.

Guest rowy
ha ha!perhaps you'll just hear us in the airport then!

we've picked an evening flight too...think we fly out bout 6pm ish....for the exact same reason as you!they've got to sleep at some point!! hopefully!

its only 20 something hours.....how bad can it be?!?!

whats your three year old like? i've got a boy and a girl.....i'm hoping they'll have good cartoons on singapore airline.....tv is the only thing they'll sit still for!

mandy what date are you flying out on?

Well not sure if this helps, but we flew last Sept on a reccie with Malaysian and my daughter was nearly 3 and a half. They could not do enough for her and there were cartoons and games on the TV for her. Her food came half hour before ours and there were little things for her with her food each time, like finger puppets, crayons etc. I took a princess trolley dolly packed with colour magic, ds games, and new suprises. She slept a lot, it was a night flight. I will not be worried about her when we hopefully return next year. The cabin crew constantly checked on her and made her feel special. Good luck guys, Penny

Guest Nikkic

Hi guys

How would everyone like to meet up around August time? We spent 3 months in Adelaide last Christmas and my hubby is an Adelaide boy who loves the place to bits! Would be happy to bring some photo's and answer any questions. We have 2 kids, James 10 and Georgia 8. It would be great to get some kids together before they go so they wont get too worried about not knowing anyone when they get there.

We are in Nottingham which obviously is quite central but am happy for idea's.

It might be worth adding a new post about this?

Nikki

Guest Stella and Dave

Hi, we are also heading out on 14th of september, Singapore airlines from Heathrow. So much to do, have not sold house yet, but going anyway. It seems like theres an invasion in september, should be fun!

Stel

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We fly out on 4 September from Glasgow (long stry) to heathrow. We leave heathrow at 12.35pm to Hong Kong. Staying 2 nights in HK and then onto Adelaide - the flight is 23.35!!

To be honest, now the furniture gone I wish we were going earlier.

We have 2 kids, Alexander (Alex) 9 and amelia 5

Lisa

Guest hulltigers

hiya guys, we fly from heathrow to adelaide,via hong kong on the 27th september, arrive adelaide 29th sept. be good to have one big party..

Guest hulltigers
Hi there

We fly out on 4 September from Glasgow (long stry) to heathrow. We leave heathrow at 12.35pm to Hong Kong. Staying 2 nights in HK and then onto Adelaide - the flight is 23.35!!

To be honest, now the furniture gone I wish we were going earlier.

We have 2 kids, Alexander (Alex) 9 and amelia 5

Lisa

hi guys, ours is the 1135pm flight from kong kong to adelaide too

Guest seank

Hi All,

more septembers!! Are we all Earth Wind and Fire fans?!? We're flying on the first via kuala lumpur (3 night stopover) and melbourne -arriving saturday 5th. Best wishes to all you other new arrivals too

best regards

Sean, Elaine & Liam

Guest Obedoh

Hi

Another family of 5 (kids 10, 5 and 3) flying out in September too. Going out on 20th with Cathay Pacific. Would be good to meet up with other families over there who are going out in September.

Jackie, Dunc, Owain, Melisa & Dylan

Guest bishop3912

Hi all we are also looking to move out to Adelaide in Sept, OH finnishes his resignation period on 25 Sept so are looking at flights at the mo for 27 Sept. Wld be good if we could all meet up say a month later in Adelaide to swap stories etc!!! or before we all go (just posted on another thread about a poss UK meet up). Good luck all.

Corinne (36) Mark (35) Millie (7) Harvey (6) Joseph (3) and Max (6 months) xxx

Hi all,

We are also flying out on 5th September. September certainly seems a popular month. Watch out Adelaide!! We are a family with two boys aged 11 and 8. They are both a little apprehensive about the move so it would be good for them to meet with other children to help calm their nerves.

I have previously posted regarding a meet up near Manchester, suggesting dates of Saturday 1st or 8th August, if anybody is interested and it is nearer to commute to for some of you.

Good luck to all of you who cannot get to attend a meet up. Maybe we can all arrange to meet once we arrive.

Alison x

Guest wiljenni

Hello Everyone,

We are a family of three Jen, Nigel and Daniel(Nearly 5) and we leave London on the 1st Sept with sinapore airlines. We are staying for 10 Days in Singapore and then off to Adelaide via Perth. Starting to get butterflies as it gets closer so much to do and so little time!! Would be great to meet up.

Jen x:)

Guest sam2500

Hi Alison and family,

we are hopefully flying out end of August but are deliberating( long story should have gone in February )!

just wondering wherabouts in Manchester you are?

Sue David and Sam (8)