passing time

Guest stephb

Guest stephb

hello all,

im at that frustrating in between time at the moment and i thought id see how you all cope with this bit! :eek:

i got the acknowledgement of visa application receipt at the beginning of this month, saying i should expect to receive a proper acknowledgement letter in about 6 weeks. all good, but 6 weeks is going slowly and i feel like i would like to be doing something useful with the time!

im not planning to head over til april anyway, so its not like im in a huge hurry, but you know how it is when its in your head so much that you want to feel like your doing/researching something! :rolleyes:

so i just wondered what everyone else does at this point to stop themselves going crazy?! i have started looking into areas i might want to live, but to be honest would rather look into that more when i actually get there (im going alone, so easy enough just to hostel to start with while i explore...)

there are only so many times you can look up job vacancies!!

would be very happy to hear others' thoughts :D

steph

Guest dglamoore

Hi Steph

I remember that bit - was horrible. I am not the most patient person in the world and drove myself nuts let alone everyone else I knew :eek:

We used to look at areas , houses etc but in the end went into info overload and atually got bored of looking at Adelaide stuff :confused: We were lucky in that we had xmas and new year to break up the wait but it seemed to go on forever. Then we started with doubts that we would get the visa as it seemed to be taking so long so went mad again :(

Keep your chin up, make the most of time with friends and family and focus on positives. Once we had the visa time seemed to go into overdrive as there was so much to do so try and focus quality time now on the people you will miss when you leave

Lisa:cool:

Keep your chin up, make the most of time with friends and family and focus on positives. Once we had the visa time seemed to go into overdrive as there was so much to do so try and focus quality time now on the people you will miss when you leave

Lisa:cool:

Oohhh Lisa, thats exactly what I was going to say.....oh wise one.

Seriously though and sorry to sound morbid but my gran died 2 weeks ago. I so wished now I'd spent more time with her when I was in the U.K.

J x

Guest graandjac

Hi StephB ,going crazy join the gang, have had our money for the visa taken from our bank account 3 weeks ago so about the same stage, have realised as time goes bye that i hate waiting....not being in control.

All the time getting bits together was great ...a buzz....but all this waiting :eek:going mad so your not alone....Cheers Graham

Guest ali@51

Yep were in the same situation payment taken about 28/6. Nothing we can do just have to try and chill and also not murder oh. Who has currently found my last nerve

36_6_1.gif , and is jummping on it.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxuk101LWGB

Guest stufi1997

Download Google earth (fab) .....drink a bottle of wine and surf all the towns in south australia, then look all over the rest of it to see where your gonna go on holiday's.:D. Then come back online and tell us all if you find anything interesting.! and tomorrow we'll do it all over again...!:D lol... i dunno think i'm starting to go a bit mad...!!!!:P

Guest Guest75

Just keep in there,we know what you are going through!!

Our wait was incredibly frustrating and complex with buyers letting us down on businesses and houses!!

Worth it though;)

Guest ralph n bev

I think that once weve come back from the recci , hopefully done the meds and checks , and by then have the house for sale, i think i might just try and forget about it all for a while.

It will be hard, but I think i'll start weaning my self off here and adbrits, stop looking at opentoview, and realestate. Try and have a break from it. I honestly think you get so involved and carried away, well i do . I spend ages on this lap top looking at one thing or another, its almost like a drug .

Saying that , is easy , doing it is another matter!

Bev:D