Flights from Manchester via Singapore to Adelaide

Guest parko

Guest kangomik

someone i know has just flown BA, manchester to amsterdam, to singapore to adelaide, The whole flight is not BA, but booked through them.

When flying singapore from manchester you have an 18 hour wait in singapore, you could choose to stop over in singapore for a night or two, or book into the transit hotel in the airport.

OR you could fly via Heathrow. flying from Heathrow will give you a 4 or a 6 hour wait in singapore, enough to see the beautifull airport. Look at the prices from heathrow, theres a good few quid to be saved at the moment, well worth a look.

We flew from manchester and stopped over, i fully understand that you will just want to get here but it just offers a few options.

Singapore airlines were great, especially with the kids, the airport i could have a holiday in!!!! Makes you wonder where manchester got it soo wrong.

Have a good flight and enjoy the adventure.

Guest caoimhe

We flew with Singapore and I must admit they were brilliant, can not fault them at all especially with kids. We only had a 5 hour stop in Singapore so we took the kids for a swim had something to eat and it was time to leave. We had 37kg over our baggage allowance and BMI charged us £270 from Belfast to Heathrow, :arghh: when we went to check in at LHR I asked Singapore Airlines how much we would be charged as on a temp visa you don't get any extra allowance ( I was prepared to dump stuff rather than pay too much) and they guy told me not to worry and didn't charge a thing:jiggy:

We flew from Heathrow to Changi......we could have had 5 hour wiat in Changi had we came on a Jumbo, but for nostalgia and me having made parts for the A380 we came on that and had 16 hrs in Singapore.

There is so much to do there, cinema, pool and there the free tourist bus ride around the beautiful place, Singapore is amazing very beuatiful, but the best thing about it all is to see all the different faiths and religions living in harmony with each other.

whatever you do enjoy your flight.

All the best

HG

Can any one please advise best air line and what weight you are allowed to take out on a (Class AN, Subclass 119)

Cheers

parko :)

We booked through travelbag.co.uk and came out through singapore,cheapest price and probably best way to come,although you are probably better off ringing them rather than going through the website as I am surre it does not give you the option of doing a one way booking online.We also got a 40 kg baggage allowance per person all you have to do is e-mail the visa page of your pass port,Singapore airlines were great and realy looked after us,we did an 18 hour stop over in the transit hotel which was good as we were absolutely shattered when we got to singapore,was only 60 quid a room but was a real good breather for us and the kids

Guest caoimhe
We booked through travelbag.co.uk and came out through singapore,cheapest price and probably best way to come,although you are probably better off ringing them rather than going through the website as I am surre it does not give you the option of doing a one way booking online.

You can book one way with Singapore Airlines through the internet and it is cheaper than the price they gave me over the phone by £500

Guest kangomik

i did forget to add, booking through singapore aireline website direct was the cheapest option at the time.

Flying the A380 would be good, something to add along the way (add to the story book).

Do let us know what you book, and a rough idea of cost, i know its costs more to do the trip from aus to uk, but its good to keep an eye on prices for rellies making the trip

Cheers

Mik

Guest chloebopper

Hi all,

We have just booked our flights, Manchester - Heathrow - Singapore - Adelaide and fly out on 20th August. We are flying with Qantas but the first part is on a BA plane. We booked direct with Qantas over the phone, also if you register with hiFX (financial services) you can get double baggage allowance of 40kgs. Phone Qantas on 0208 600 4328 and select the option for hiFX promotion to get a quote, its costing £622 for an adult and £520 for a child. You can view these flights online but they cost slightly more. When are you looking at travelling.

Hope it all goes well for you.

We booked on the internet through Opodo. It terrified the life out of me doing that way as I would have much rather used a travel agent, but it was about £700 cheaper on the internet. (for 3 adults (our 12 year old was counted at full fare, and one child). We flew Manchester to Heathrow to Singapore then to Adelaide. British Airways and Quantas

Temp visa so we only had basic allowance of 23kgs each plus one item of hand luggage.

Wendy

Guest chloebopper

Hi again,

Forgot to mention before we too are on a 457 temporary visa they did ask us when we booked but we still got the 40kgs plus 1 item of hand luggage.

Guest kangomik

i paid just under 500 quid per adult, and just under 420 quid per child 14 months ago, Sing air, direct from manchester, PR visa, ful allowance, booked direct on internet.

I am led to believe you can get return faires for 1400 dollars at the moment (neighbour told me) if you give enough notice.

I thought it would be cheaper to travel with the fare wars, and drop in fuel price.

Guest caoimhe
We booked on the internet through Opodo. It terrified the life out of me doing that way as I would have much rather used a travel agent, but it was about £700 cheaper on the internet. (for 3 adults (our 12 year old was counted at full fare, and one child). We flew Manchester to Heathrow to Singapore then to Adelaide. British Airways and Quantas

Temp visa so we only had basic allowance of 23kgs each plus one item of hand luggage.

Wendy

Word of advice it you have a UK domestic flight before your international (eg MAN-LHR-ADL) and you are over your baggage allowance the domestic airline are supposed to charge you for your excess baggage on your international flight too. So only pay for the domestic section and pick your bags up at LHR and explain the situation to the international carrier when you check in with them, they may not charge or reduce the price at least. With us they let us off as we just happened to get a nice guy...worth a try at least

Guest chloebopper

Hi again,

Hope they don't try to charge us excess baggage, I don't think they will as all our flights have been booked through Qantas and they are the one's that have put us on this domestic flight from Manchester to LHR, we won't be seeing our luggage again til we get to Oz.

Guest parko

Hi all we are hoping to leave uk about the 10th of November 09 spend a bit of time in singapore two to three days then on to Adelaide, four adults and one child.

parko

Guest nickyblue

Hello

I flew Singapore Airlines (from Heathrow) and I think they were just great! I was only on a working holiday visa when I came out but explained to them that I wasn't coming back to the UK due to migration and they didn't charge me anything for excess (I was nearly a full 20 Kilo over!). The flights were great and the service was outstanding. I have heard of a lot of people getting slugged by the smaller airlines in the uk for evry little bit over the limit so although its a extra treck if you can't fly direct with big airline from Manchester it might work out cheaper to get the train to London/Glasgow!

Good luck!

xx