Harvey Norman VS Goodguys

Liz and Kris UK

My UK LCD TV gave up this week so decided to get a new one. I visted several stores and found Harvey Norman and the good guy's to be the cheapest. I decided to barter with both, however found the staff in Harvey Norman very aggressive and rude. The Good Guys were true to their name and gave me a good deal (however still more than I wanted to spend orginally). Just wondered what other people opinion's were.

Kris

Guest ReadyPenny

I find Harvey Norman expensive for most things and the service is not great either considering the inflated prices they charge, as opposed to other places. I avoid them to be honest.

Hail the Good Guys!!!

Mandy

I don't like either!! Harvey Norman is so expensive that it is just out of my league to shop there. I had advice to go to The Goody Guys, but they gave me a crap deal and then I found what I wanted in the next door shop cheaper anyway. Yes it depends what you're looking for, but I tend to wait for sales/ offers or buy second hand. Radio rentals clearance centre sells things cheap sometimes and you still get a warranty.

Guest jorose
My UK LCD TV gave up this week so decided to get a new one. I visted several stores and found Harvey Norman and the good guy's to be the cheapest. I decided to barter with both, however found the staff in Harvey Norman very aggressive and rude. The Good Guys were true to their name and gave me a good deal (however still more than I wanted to spend orginally). Just wondered what other people opinion's were.

Kris

Same here - didn't like Harvey Norman. Staff follow you constantly and mither you to the point of discomfort. Hence we went to Good Guys and staff were very helpful, didn't mither and matched the price Harvey Norman's were offering. Deal done.

Haggle in Good guys , go to Harvey Norman, and Haggle there, always got cheaper in Harvey Norman. If its personal or home entertainment eg . Lcds, ipods, cameras go to MYERS........yes MYERS with your best offer from the other two..............theyve beaten the others every time ive been in there, and by quite some margin with the last 2 lcds ive bought...and the service is more friendly.

I hear people rave about Good Guys but they have always been too expensive for me.Ive even rang them after being to Myers and they wouldnt beat it:arghh:. In 3 1/2 years have never bought 1 thing from them.

Guest Rob and Clare
Haggle in Good guys , go to Harvey Norman, and Haggle there, always got cheaper in Harvey Norman. If its personal or home entertainment eg . Lcds, ipods, cameras go to MYERS........yes MYERS with your best offer from the other two..............theyve beaten the others every time ive been in there, and by quite some margin with the last 2 lcds ive bought...and the service is more friendly.

I hear people rave about Good Guys but they have always been too expensive for me.Ive even rang them after being to Myers and they wouldnt beat it:arghh:. In 3 1/2 years have never bought 1 thing from them.

100% agree to this, when we arrived we bought items from Good Guys and haggled them down and felt happy with the price (as many people seem on here), then on the off chance I saw some of the same items with a cheaper sticker price at Myer, since then we get most electrical items there as you can haggle those down too, not always, but often. It's always worth a bit of shoe leather if your spending a few bucks and check the competition.

Places like Gepps cross help though with Harvey Norman, JB Hifi, Radio Rentals in one place. Get a good price from there, and then see if Good Guys or Myers can beat it.

Guest Martin and Val

We bought a new sat nav in Harvey Norman recently and it was faulty so we took it back to our local store and they were not helpful at all although they did change it in the end after I had stood there and argued the toss with them.

Their argument is they are franchised and don't have to deal with issues from other stores so you may find you have to go back to the store you did the purchase from.

Won't deal with them again in a hurry.

Martin

Guest KP Nuts
And haggle.......:)

Must admit we have had some good prices from Harvey Normans near Collonades.

So have we, when we first arrived in the rental, went to HN and priced up anything, then got a better price from HN, then went to GG and it was a little cheaper, then went back to HN who then reduced the price again.

But I was in GG today and the lady I had serving me was very helpful, but she went off to ask a question to a colleague and he was most unhelpful, and rude.

So just play the two off each other.