Booked flights - got the jitters now!

minkyme29

Hi all

Well we've only gone and done it, even though the house is not yet on the market or even finished for that matter! Yes indeedly do Chris stayed up till the early hours of this morning cruising opodo for the best deals for December and we are now officially leaving the UK.

Fly from Birmingham to Bangkok 12 December, then chilling in Thailand for 3 weeks and then the last leg - Singapore to Adelaide 6 January 08!!!

Can't get it out of my head and am very excited, scared and hopeful of a successful few months before we fly.

Have also booked basic accommodation for the first three weeks through a contact we had from our stay on our reccie in 2005.

So that's you all up to date...boy am I feeling good.

Take care

Dette

Guest ralph n bev

You certainly dont do things by half Dette !!

Hurry up n get the house done, and on the market now . Hope it sells quickly for you. You must be very confident it will. Fingers crossed for you.

We are going to do it the other way over , via Disney.

Unfortunatley.

Weve managed to get away with not going so far!!

Rather stick pins in our eyes,but its part of the deal ,emigrating, as far as the kids are concerned .

We'd much prefer your route, sounds bliss.

Might have to do some bribing , like showing them Lisa's puppy ;)

Bev

Yes we are going full steam ahead with the house...wish we'd known when we bought it back in 2004 that we were going to emigrate, could have bought a new build instead but hey!

I am lucky that because of my job I know good houses and locations to buy in (Frome has been very up and coming due to it's close proximity to Bath) so am hoping it will go quickly...in fact had no end of fellow parents on the school run, say they would buy it if they could! One friend is desperate for it but can't raise the cash and it's a shame cos' I'd love her to have it but we need as much as we can get for making our new life in Adelaide. It is a great character house in the catchment for the best primary school in Frome with a very private huge garden with fruit trees etc and is only 5 - 10 mins walk from town. And if that's not enough we will have to pray that September is a normal busy month for house selling...and if not we will go anyway and keep it on the market.

Anyway if anyone needs advice re house selling or marketing let me know.

Bye for now

Dette

Guest ralph n bev

Dette ,

we did the same moved 18 months ago , totally gutted the house , planning to stay till down size time.

Weve spent a small fortune on expensive fixtures and fittings , new doors windows, amtico flooring, new kitchen ,bathroom's , neutral decor etc etc the list is endless.

As Ralphs in the trade hes done, or got othermates in trades to do the work. So luckily for us it hasnt cost as much as it would jo public.

It will all be reflected in the price , anyway .

We got it for a good price as it was a shed, worse house on the best street thing!!

We havn't got ours up for sale yet, planning on doing that when we get back from the reccie which is the middle of Sep. Do you think we'd be better putting it up before we went so it was up at the beginning of Sept then?

Is that a good month to sell?

We've just got an en-suite to finish(just a plaster boarded room at the mo!!) and put a new upvc patio door in, then its finished.

But we go on the recci sep 16 and weve got the weekend P.I.A. meet in between and a weekend trip to Scotland to my brothers , so Ralph would have his work cut out!!

Might have to get the whip out, but then again we would'nt get anything done then!!;)

Bev:D

Hi Bev

Uuuummmmm it's a bit tricky cos' of your hols, traditionally September a pretty bouyant month for selling, still early enough for buyers to complete before Christmas, altho' October can also be quite good...earlier on in October the better really. What we find is that mid July to end of August is pretty quiet cos' of the school hols but then there is a bit of a rush early Sept. I would recommend getting it on early Sept but it really depends on a) how long you'll be away for and if you will be contactable (if your EA's need to put forward an offer to you), and b) when you want to move to Aus or more importantly when your visa has to be validated by...

In my experience late October through to the beginning of Jan can be rather quiet and that's based on a very hot property market in Bath, which is pretty similar to the London market. Having said that if your house is in a top location you might be ok particularly if houses in your road rarely come up for sale.

Anyway I hope this helps, any other questions just ask away...

Take care

Dette :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Dette

Congrats on getting the flights booked. Lucky you 3 weeks in Thailand and at Xmas will be amazing!!! We have been there a few times and nearly bought a house there last year before deciding to move here instead ;)

Good luck with selling the house :)

Lisa:cool: