Should we as members be allowed to advertise our services on PIA

Guest jimmyspromow

Guest jimmyspromow

All PIA Members , your thoughts please ?

I have recently had a few postings removed for advertising cars for sale at genuine discounted prices for all PIA members as i work for Holden. I have sold a couple of car's to members and they have been very happy with there discounts and the service received,and that they have been able to deal with someone from the UK.

It would be good to get a bit of honest feedback on this situation on advertising your services on PIA , and do you think we as members who would like to advertise there services on this site to fellow members should be allowed to do so ? I am sure there are plenty of you with services , skilled trades or busineses who would like to offer what they have to other members.

Let's face if you arrive in Adelaide or even been here a few years and don't know many people lets say you need a plumber or a chippie or a reliable mechanic who is not going to rip you off or ladies you may want a decent hairdresser.Anyway PIA why can't we have a section dedicated to advertising such services ?

And PIA if there is enough support for having a section for posting your services from genuine members will you agree to have this on offer on PIA ?

There is a section for posting jobs and business ads, I don't see a problem with you advertising there. Although you don't own the car dealers you profit from every car sold. I think that is the issue. If you post the ads in the section mentioned then to me it is the same as some advertising they do cvs, can paint, clean whatever. People will still see your ads about the cars there.

Rach

Guest jimmyspromow

Thaks Rachel

Do you think it would be possible to advertise my service under that section ? and advertise 1-2 cars a week on the for sale section ?

Guest kangomik

it depends what contribution you make to the forum other than sales, If its just sales then it should be in a buisness section IMO.

It causes all sorts of arguments, what starts off as good advise soon ends up as advertising.

I agree any help to new people arriving is good stuff, and a good little earner can come of this

Guest jimmyspromow
I think you should just keep it all in the jobs and business ads to keep the hordes at bay. You can still title your posts "cars for sale" and that is what people who skim down the new posts on the forum will see. If they are considering a car then likely they will click on your post.

Thanks Rach . I took your advise and posted a new listing for a car under that section yesterday , And guess what it was removed again . I really don't get it , the car industry and GM who own Holden are really struggling at the moment and we are almost running out used and new cars at cost , giving us salesmen a commision of only $50 per car !!

I am sure not all the moderators on here are that bad , cmon PIA get in to the Aussie way of life and chill out or as K Rudd would say "a fair go for all" .

Guest graandjac
Thanks Rach . I took your advise and posted a new listing for a car under that section yesterday , And guess what it was removed again . I really don't get it , the car industry and GM who own Holden are really struggling at the moment and we are almost running out used and new cars at cost , giving us salesmen a commision of only $50 per car !!

I am sure not all the moderators on here are that bad , cmon PIA get in to the Aussie way of life and chill out or as K Rudd would say "a fair go for all" .

The trouble is its not the mods they are only doing as they are instructed or asked to do as mods...!!!, and if you open the gates to one it will just become a sales section which I dont think is what the site is all about. There is lots of sligh.....:biglaugh:advertising going on and if its in the form of your tag when you post thats ok , but just to be a member to advertise products or services is not what its about.

Guest jimmyspromow

To be fair i have been a member for a few years now and have bought items on here , made new friends , attended PIA meets and even organised a few outings . As well as attending Dans lads night outs for a few too many beers.

I fully support that it is not all the Mods faults and some are great and give great advice , however i speak to new arrivals daily who have initially been a member on this site but will no longer use it due to crap like this , it seems to all be a bit regimented in the way it is being run i think !

Also i think if you are advertising big business or things that make massive profit , then yes no advertising but the odd used car or a painter or decorator is a bit different.

Guest soggy
The trouble is its not the mods they are only doing as they are instructed or asked to do as mods...!!!, and if you open the gates to one it will just become a sales section which I dont think is what the site is all about. There is lots of sligh.....:biglaugh:advertising going on and if its in the form of your tag when you post thats ok , but just to be a member to advertise products or services is not what its about.

I don't like that sligh advertising, we should all get together for a coffee and cake at Zoom Espresso in North Adelaide Village to discuss the problem and find a way to stop it.:)

Simon

Guest soggy
Classic !

So when we head down to the Cafe all members will recieve a free coffee and cake at ZOOM ESPRESSO IN NORTH ADELAIDE ?

FREE ? :err:, well our prices are already low but i'll do you a good deal on the coffee.

Simon:):)

Guest jimmyspromow
$50 commision on each car ??? Thats harsh !! I'm sure you would get more than that for a finders fee. :huh:

Look i don't get that on every car but the one's i am discounting on here have very little profit left hence my minimum commision . But yes we pay $150 spotters fee for any refferals that buy a car

Guest motlyman
I don't like that sligh advertising, we should all get together for a coffee and cake at Zoom Espresso in North Adelaide Village to discuss the problem and find a way to stop it.:)

Simon

Here here,

Then back to your's for a swim in your pool which i fitted a pump to.:o

Colin

Guest graandjac

Simon

Simon Love it....:biglaugh:

Guest graandjac

however i speak to new arrivals daily who have initially been a member on this site but will no longer use it due to crap like this , it seems to all be a bit regimented in the way it is being run i think !

Spot on crap like this........you asked for oponions , and every member has a choice to be here(on poms).

Guest Guest75

Jimmy - I do know a fair bit about the car trade and have many friends work in the industry. Is Soula still PA to the head honcho? I'll be having a coffee with her soon.

You did forget to mention that you are on a retainer as well as commission - what is your sales target?? 15 units per month?

In the good times I know car salesmen can earn very good money.

Not to mention the massive profit made on insurance,finance and after market products .

This forum does not allow direct advertising - that is a rule operated by Tim,the owner of this site .He asks the moderators to observe and enforce this.

Anarchy would be chaos in here and would destroy the forum via spam and law suits.

The ethos of this forum is the sharing of information and giving support to others.

In my PM to you the Phrases "No offence" and Happy to help and advise" were used

Yes,some members (including myself) do some business and are recommended on this forum - but we put back in.Better some business than none at all.

No other correctly run forum would allow what you are requesting I'm afraid,please feel free to try.

Thanks for keeping it nice boys and girls.

This thread is now locked.