Under 14 Football teams

Guest parko

Guest parko

Hi all

We moving to Adelaide at the beggining November 09 and are looking for a football team for our son who will be fourteen at the time ,if any one can help or give us some advice on where he can join a team we are going to be living around stirling/ Mount barker area.

cheers

Parko ;)

Guest caoimhe

We registered our boys in January for the coming season. We chose the soceer club that my cousins had all played for but there is a free newspaper that is delivered around the areas in Adelaide and they advertise soccer club enrolments for certain suburbs.

I take it when you say football you mean soccer or are you Aussified already:biglaugh:

Hi Parko,

we arrived in Feb 09, my lad was 13 at the time 14 now, the football season was just getting ready to start friendlies but unlike UK they had picked the squads after last season had finished, so we searched the internet for teams looking for players. He started off at u14s Plympton Bulldogs but the standard was poor on the pitch and the coaches, but once he started school his school mates all wanted him to play for their team, he left Plympton and moved up to u15s and now plays for a first division club Noarlunga United, the standard is a lot better and he not out of place quite the opposite. The season will be over when you arrive and all the best teams will have picked the players they want in their squads for next season, if you are not in a rush to find your son a team, let him make friends at school, they will see him play football at school and invite him to play for their team if he his any good.

Guest caoimhe

The club my boys have joined accept any child of that age into their teams ie they haven't decided who is the best from the previous years. They accept whoever registers that season. None of my 4 had played for teams before. One of my boys is one of the best in his team and has scored the majority of goals (they are in 1st division) one of my other sons is the worst (again a 1st division team, for which my son can not claim credit) All of them are improving in skills and being 'team players'..... this is what I want.

I feel the coaches they have are totally dedicated, training twice a week and matches every Saturday. The coaches do not get paid. The cost for me was $480 for four boys for the season...personally I think that's for nothing They even have a player of the week award, which is a Voucher for McDonalds, from what I have seen it's never given to the same kid twice, they ensure all the kids get their ego boosted:biglaugh:

I know when the kids get older than mine they have the choice to play for the district teams or go federation. At your sons age he may have played for teams before so you may want to consider federation teams only but have a look around as Oz is so sport orientated that you will find something suitable to the indivual child