Driving recommendation

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

For anyone looking to learn to drive or with kids wanting to learn I can recommend Chris (http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=641)

I have been having lessons from him all week and gone from being positively petrified of being in a car to actually enjoying driving. He is just starting out here after 16 years experience in UK so has some good deals on too :D Give him a call on 0449 140101

Lisa:cool:

thats great to know Lisa, when we go out there i am going to have to learn to drive, i have put it of for so long as it is my only phobia i have , i can honestly sat i don't want to be doing it !!:eek: would love to hear more of how you get on with it, have you ever driven before in the uk? i had a few lessons when i was 17 but got freaked out by it , i was much happier on a motorbike :D needless to say that was afew years ago!1

good luck with the lessons .

weez

Guest dglamoore

Had a few lessons way back in the uk when I was younger but bad experience put me off and I vowed never to drive in the uk.

Driving age is 16 here and can take their test to get their provisional at 16 1/2 :eek: bit scarey when you see the power of the cars they can drive at that age :confused:

Guest Leanne & Mark

Sorry you lost me? they can drive at 16 but not get there provisional til 16 1/2??

Do they have to have at least 6 months of lessons first then?

Thanks for this info. as I too do not drive here in the UK, but do think it would be a good idea if I did learn once I am over there. I have noted Chris's number, its good to have a contact, and with such good recommendation.

Karen

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Kids can get their "Ls" at 16 to do this they need to pass a thoery test, then they get a log book which has sections to be ticked off. Sections can only be ticked off by teacher. They have to drive 50 hrs 10 of which need to be at night. This can be done by a parent as 50 hrs with teacher would be very expensive. Check out first what your teacher can tick off on though as they cant always do the all the parts ie. country driving. Once they are 161/2 and they gave done 50hrs and the the teacher is happy they can the go for their "Ps".

Like Lisa its scary when you see some of the V8s they drive here, on the same note its scary when you see some of the bombs too! My sons friends car is 29yrs old!!!

sarah

Guest dglamoore
Sorry you lost me? they can drive at 16 but not get there provisional til 16 1/2??

Do they have to have at least 6 months of lessons first then?

Sorry the licences are different names here - pass your theory to get your learners permit so you can have lessons, pass your test to get your provisional which you are on for 2 years then go onto full licence :D