Adelaide is **** hole!

Guest BraduZ

Guest BraduZ

adelaide's **** and going back to the uk :D who would want to live here! i think even hill billies would question it! if you have seen the deliverance film! i recon it could of been filmed here!

Guest cunnah10
adelaide's **** and going back to the uk :D who would want to live here! i think even hill billies would question it! if you have seen the deliverance film! i recon it could of been filmed here!

do you really think it is that bad?.....OR are you just bored at the mo AND trying to start a HEATED DEBATE (lol)

Guest needtogonow

Great, thats another reason why we are looking at Adelaide :P.

Hopefully will hear about our SS soon. Good luck to all those waiting.

Bex

Sorry but i cannot take recomendations on Adelaide from a bloke called Braduz. Banjo playing yes but Adelaide info no.:wacko:

Guess you kinda aint loving it anymore. Strange how quickly youngsters forget things eh?

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6471

Guest Django

Methinks you may have had a bad experience because your outlook has changed so much. However free speech is a wonderful thing but you can't make sweeping statements like that without backing it up with facts of why you now look on Adelaide in such a bad light. Its not very helpful to those still in the UK. I'm all for balanced views as Adelaide certainly isn't for everyone. Also when comparing Adelaide to many cities in the UK you can hardly call it a ****hole. ;):biglaugh:

Wow Brad! What's happened? :sad:

I don't know anything about you, but having teenagers myself, I know that when bad things happen they can really hit hard. And make then seem cross with everything lol!

How long have you been here? I reckon it can be harder than people think for a kid to get their feet...unless they make the most of the expat community that seems to be out here 'cos the kids there will know exactly what you are going through. Aussie kids are the same (IMHO) as UK ones in as much as many of their friendship groups are formed by the time they've reached their teenage years and unless you fancy hanging with the less choosy ones or are lucky enough to fit right in (and it does happen) with a group...it can take a while. But it will happen, honestly.

If you are going back, then I hope you will be very happy. And if you are staying then...I hope you will be very happy. Wherever you go though, life can suck and it can be hard but it really is worth sticking with it!

Good luck!:wubclub: LC

PS. I don't know any of you so you might be absolutely right, but your comments to Brad do seem a bit hard, given that he's just a kid. Even if he's an older one lol!

PPS. I hope my post didn't sound kinda patronising Brad....I really just wanted to show you some support/write something a bit more positive, but if I didn't put it down to my age lol!

Guest The Blaxlands

I've not made it to Adelaide yet but was out there last year for a couple of weeks and can't wait to get there for good. I would say you haven't given it much time but then it does depend what and where you're going back too!!

Guest happy feet

None of you know Brad, but yes he has given it enough time, he has been here just over a yr, has not been able to get any work, can't continue studying, unless his parents pay thousands(temp visa). For an 18 yr old lad, life is very boring if u can't work or study. Weekends and days spent doing nothing computer games...He plays footy and has made some friends through this, but they sit in and watch DVD's all weekend, not really what an 18 yr old wants to do, so don't give crap comments unless you have been in his shoes, or lived his life.

I am getting sick of all these people replying to negative threads, when they haven't even landed in the country yet, and struggled like some of us our doing here, so until you have tried it, just read the post's and keep your opinions to yourself's....Sorry if this upset's some, but it really isn't as easy as saying, do research, do a reccie, and have loads of money, we our all different, come from different walks of life, so let us moan if we want to...Not easy for us all...Epecially if you not in the I love it brigade!!!!!!!!

Cara xxxx

None of you know Brad, but yes he has given it enough time, he has been here just over a yr, has not been able to get any work, can't continue studying, unless his parents pay thousands(temp visa). For an 18 yr old lad, life is very boring if u can't work or study. Weekends and days spent doing nothing computer games...He plays footy and has made some friends through this, but they sit in and watch DVD's all weekend, not really what an 18 yr old wants to do, so don't give crap comments unless you have been in his shoes, or lived his life.

I am getting sick of all these people replying to negative threads, when they haven't even landed in the country yet, and struggled like some of us our doing here, so until you have tried it, just read the post's and keep your opinions to yourself's....Sorry if this upset's some, but it really isn't as easy as saying, do research, do a reccie, and have loads of money, we our all different, come from different walks of life, so let us moan if we want to...Not easy for us all...Epecially if you not in the I love it brigade!!!!!!!!

Cara xxxx

If he doesn't want opinions, then he shouldn't bloody post ok. Especially when he comes out with a title to a thread like that. What, you think we should all sit here and feel sorry for him, because it aint easy sitting in watching dvd's all weekend??? As well as advising people NOT to move to SA? Guess what, if anyone, not just Brad comes on with a post like that, they are bound to get slated, and my advice would be to direct them to the airport. No it's not easy here, or all sunshine and lollipops, but lesson for future years LIFE AINT EASY, get used to it. As for he CAN"T work, well now, you mean he can't get work in what he wants to do! There are plenty jobs, so the crux of the matter is he WON"T work. And no i have never met him, and i am only basing MY opinions on his recent posts. But I do not feel any sympathy for him at all with the current attitude he has got. Especially after he states his family are only staying here to get their visas and then leaving. If they want to leave, let them leave now, and let someone who wants to be here obtain the visas.

Guest Nick11

And there was me thinking that employers would be lining the street and just hoping and praying that all us immigrants would feel them worthy enough for us to work for them.

I remember that red carpet at the airport was put there just for me!!!!

I don't know anyone who's had it easy here on a temp visa.

There are jobs out there - if you are willing to lower yourself and expectations. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Guest Rob and Clare

Whilst I think Braduz's comment is a bit harsh, I have to say if I was in my late teens I would struggle with Adelaide and Australia as a whole. I realise everyone is different, but my late teens and early twenties, my time was spent on pub crawls all around the towns in the West Mids, day trips to Blackpool, Weekend trips to Newquay and mad for it holidays to the clubs in the Med. I know i'm not the only one, as the places I went to were busy with other like minded people. Life for me back then was about having a laugh, seeing the country (well it's tacky bits) and enjoying the carefree years whilst getting a further education. Adelaide and Australia struggles to offer a fraction of that kind of life. That said, I'm 39 now and and what i want now is different to what i wanted then.

Guest Kazzarazza

Cara xxxx

Sorry - but there is absolutely no way he would be unable to find any work in a whole year! The working holiday market would fall into a heap for a start. Unable to study - that is a visa problem NOT a problem with Adelaide. Does nothing but watch DVD's all weekend - well what a sad and sorry person this young man is. I can't remeber the last time I watched a DVD. Have no interest in being housebound and wallowing in my own self-pity. That attitude is a personal problem NOT an Adelaide problem. If he genuinely thinks the problem is Adelaide, has he not travelled to other areas of the state, eg, Yorke Peninsula, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, up the river, etc or even interstate, looking for work.

And if you and your mate don't like negative threads then don't post such negative, UNSUBSTANTIATED crap.

Best of luck for the future - he'll need it.

I am a member of the so called loving it brigade...............i am not goin to comment on his post for fear of being slated for loving it here...!!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Well said Shaun.

Like you i dont feel sorry for him, Theres plenty of jobs out there if he minded to get off hiss but and look for one. Lifes a bitch but its what you make of it.

Been here almost nine months and loving it.

Guest Wersal Gummage

Brad, it's actually not a **** hole, maybe you came here about 10 years too soon.

Go back to the UK, settle down get a wife and Kids then come back and embrace everything Adelaide has to offer. We all Love it.

Your future Family will thank you for it one day.

Good luck back in the Uk.:wubclub:

BTW, does this thread have a future ??? :nah:

Guest weesp
Sorry - but there is absolutely no way he would be unable to find any work in a whole year! The working holiday market would fall into a heap for a start. Unable to study - that is a visa problem NOT a problem with Adelaide. Does nothing but watch DVD's all weekend - well what a sad and sorry person this young man is. I can't remeber the last time I watched a DVD. Have no interest in being housebound and wallowing in my own self-pity. That attitude is a personal problem NOT an Adelaide problem. If he genuinely thinks the problem is Adelaide, has he not travelled to other areas of the state, eg, Yorke Peninsula, Port Lincoln, Roxby Downs, up the river, etc or even interstate, looking for work.

And if you and your mate don't like negative threads then don't post such negative, UNSUBSTANTIATED crap.

Best of luck for the future - he'll need it.

Well, he was at school until May, THEN applied for Tafe, which refused him, without being negative, he then went and gave out his resumes once a month, to NO avail. They wouldnt employ him as he's only temp, they would rather employ the 15 year old as it is cheaper wages. He didnt go to college in the UK as he was moving here. They said that because of the tradies shortage, apprenticeships are plentiful. WRONG!

You tell me how he would look for work in all these other areas, you need a car, and he hasn't got his Ps, so that's too hard, he can't look interstate COZ HE'S TEMPORARY. Yes, its all very easy when ur on a PERMANENT visa but he's not. As for watching DVD's all weekend, do you really think that he wants to be doing that, NO he would much rather be out clubbing like all normal teenagers not in doors.

He has joined the soccer clubs and has lots of friends but they don't go out as they have no money etc.

So please, reserve judgement, just put yourself into his shoes, he's 18, feels like he has no life here, has tried really, really hard to find work, he has been beaten down every turn. He came out here with a 100% attitude, can you really blame him for being so hurt and upset.Have sympathy for the guy.

Lynn