We have PR!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

I have not been on here for a loooooooong time so not sure how many of you on here will know me but thought I would put a quick update on for anyone on an SIR 495/475

We arrived in April 2007 on an SIR 495 visa. Life on the whole has been great since arriving although definitely not without it's ups and downs. We have met some great people along the way :notworthy: We have both set up companies over here, which looking back may not have been the smartest move financially, but now seems to be paying off at last as we have a great work/life balance :)

After completing our two years (after a slight delay due to moving) we submitted our online application for the 887 visa on June 9th. Today, 7 weeks to the day we have been granted permanent residence status!!!!!!!!

We never thought the application would go so fast, even more so as we are both self employed so proving the working hours proved tricky!

For anyone on a temp visa worrying about applying for PR - it is not as bad as you probably think it is going to be :wacko:

For anyone else waiting for a visa to come over here - it is definitely worth it!!! Our only tip is come over with an open mind and do not expect life to be a bed of roses from day one but it is worth it in the end.

Lisa:wubclub:

I have not been on here for a loooooooong time so not sure how many of you on here will know me but thought I would put a quick update on for anyone on an SIR 495/475

We arrived in April 2007 on an SIR 495 visa. Life on the whole has been great since arriving although definitely not without it's ups and downs. We have met some great people along the way :notworthy: We have both set up companies over here, which looking back may not have been the smartest move financially, but now seems to be paying off at last as we have a great work/life balance :)

After completing our two years (after a slight delay due to moving) we submitted our online application for the 887 visa on June 9th. Today, 7 weeks to the day we have been granted permanent residence status!!!!!!!!

We never thought the application would go so fast, even more so as we are both self employed so proving the working hours proved tricky!

For anyone on a temp visa worrying about applying for PR - it is not as bad as you probably think it is going to be :wacko:

For anyone else waiting for a visa to come over here - it is definitely worth it!!! Our only tip is come over with an open mind and do not expect life to be a bed of roses from day one but it is worth it in the end.

Lisa:wubclub:

congratulations on getting PR. It still feels like a few weeks ago when we joined and started on the forum and reading that you was just starting the trip out here. Glad things have gone so well for you all.