4 weeks and counting....

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi All

Well We move into my parents tonight for our last 4 weeks in the UK. Our tenants moveinto our house on a 2 year lease starting Friday.

Our furniture is already on its way landing before us on 29 August, howwever, we still had mountains to throw out in the skip now parked on our driveway. I have pulled many muscles in last 2 days but its worth it.

We have a few leaving parties arranged, I leave work in 2 weeks (can't bloomin wait) and then its off to Glasgow to start our journey.

We have secured a rental via someone on here and we seem to have the best landlords we could ask for - so friendly and I feel like I am starting to know them already.

I have people I can't wait to see again over there and I am sure more to come.

I wish the September posse (few of us heading off then) lots of luck and everyone a safe journey.

Lisa

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Lisa

Enjoy the time you have left in the UK, good luck for your journey and look forward to seeing you on the sunny side. The weather will be warming up by the time you get here.

Safe journey

Mandy

Guest TheTodds

Good luck with it all and enjoy your last 4 weeks here. We have 6 weeks to go and I am currently working my last couple of hours! I finish today. Feels very wierd!

See you down under!

Helen.

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

congratulations! Bet you are so excited :P

I have been looking at your timeline, and you seem to have got through everything awfully quickly, in particular your visa application to completion. If you dont mind me asking, do you have special circumstances like a job out there etc or were you just extremely lucky? I am looking at everyone's timelines to try and gauge an idea of how quickly everything can be processed! :v_SPIN:

Thanks x

Hello your last few weeks in the uk enjoy the time with parents it will fly by

they will really enjoy spending time with you lots of luck on your onward

journey

ps dont forget anything at your parents after a tearfull goodbuy we realised

we had left behind our sons new leather jacket so had to return to parents

i couldnt go to the door so my lovely hubby had to do this heartbreak situation

best of luck

Guest caoimhe
Still waiting to hear from the Meet & Greet - sure we will soon - I hope :unsure:

Seriously if you need any help getting to accomadation let me know. We have been given so much help since we arrived it will be nice to help others.

Guest guest3462

Enjoy your last 4 weeks and get ready for the whirlwind of social activity that happens when you get here! Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Julia x

Guest Lisado

Thanks all - the 1st night at the parents went well

Hi Bugbabe - No we dont have jobs as yet but applied for many. I think we were just lucky. We had a nightmare over my hubby's South African police checks but once they arrived we were granted visa straight after.

Two weeks left a t work :biglaugh:

Guest seank
Still waiting to hear from the Meet & Greet - sure we will soon - I hope :unsure:

Hi All,

hope the next few weeks go well for you! We were waiting to hear from the on arrival services, so I e-mailed them for an update and they replied the next day. So it's worth sending them a message to ask for the latest situation

best regards

sean

Guest back clan

Hi Lisa, The last few weeks are going so quickly aren't they. Our stuff arrives on 29th August to. Think it's on the MYC MAYA. What's yours on. I have finished work but am trying to get all my books and tax sorted to get to the accountant this wk.

We come to Hartlepool on tues 11th.Do you still fancy meeting up?

Lesley

Guest Allie Bloss

Wow.. 4 weeks to go, you must be so excited.

We have 8weeks left & my heads spinning already!!

Good luck with the leaving do's - a friend described them as the hardest thing, like going to your own funeral!! I'm dreading ours.

But once there done you'll be on your way.

Good luck with everything & post when you can to let us now how it all went.

Guest Lisado

Hi Lesley

Ours is on the MSC Santhya. I am soooo pleased we sent the stuff over early so we dont have to wait monthson the other side

How long are you up for? Are you around on 15 aug??

I cant get it into my head we leave so soon - its amazing

Lisa

Guest kangomik

Make the most of the farewells, treat them as a celebration, not like a wake.

The time will fly by.

Have a good time in your final weeks. The adventure starts when you step into the airport, and never ends!

Guest back clan

Hi Lisa,

Yes we are around on the 15th. We come back down south on 25th then have 2 more leaving do's over that weekend. I can't believe how quickly it has all come round. If you suggest a place to meet we will find it.

It is very exciting just can't wait to finish all my accounts

Guest ozziespurs

Hi Lisa!

Thought I'd just like to see hello and how are you doing, When do you fly out? We are also flying out on the 29th August with Singapore Airlines and it is totally manic at the moment. We have 7 kids age 17, 13, 11, 8 and 8. How did you get a rental sorted out already? I Keep looking on real estate make loads of enquiries and offer 6 months rent up front and the reply is always the same, they want you to go to view property first, we are staying at roo rental's for 2 weeks and are just hoping we can find somewhere in that time, Where abouts are you going? we quite like the idea of hallet cove. What job are you going to do when you arrive? My oh is a sparky and is a bit panicky about finding work. We missed out on the meet and greet, and are still trying to arrange car hire at the moment because we are trying to book a mini bus for the first day and will then swap it for a 8 seater the following day.

Anyway hope it all works out well, and you have a good flight, who who are you flying with?

Good luck

Hi Lisa!

Thought I'd just like to see hello and how are you doing, When do you fly out? We are also flying out on the 29th August with Singapore Airlines and it is totally manic at the moment. We have 7 kids age 17, 13, 11, 8 and 8. How did you get a rental sorted out already? I Keep looking on real estate make loads of enquiries and offer 6 months rent up front and the reply is always the same, they want you to go to view property first, we are staying at roo rental's for 2 weeks and are just hoping we can find somewhere in that time, Where abouts are you going? we quite like the idea of hallet cove. What job are you going to do when you arrive? My oh is a sparky and is a bit panicky about finding work. We missed out on the meet and greet, and are still trying to arrange car hire at the moment because we are trying to book a mini bus for the first day and will then swap it for a 8 seater the following day.

Anyway hope it all works out well, and you have a good flight, who who are you flying with?

Good luck

Dnt rent your car fronm the airport, as they are quite dear.

Budget are are not too bad, there is one down at Morphett Vale but it depends on where you are going to be staying.

I will put some feelers out for you for some long term accom....pm me to remind me of when you want *** from and where bouts...

Good luck everybody and see you on the bright-side.

HG

Guest Lisado

Hi guys - got meet and greet sorted now - thanks to all your help. We finally heard this morning. How exciting getting a welcome card with your name on it at the airport

Caoimhe - many thanks for your offer of help!

We have a furninshed house until we can move into our rented property -HG - we owe you that beer and barbie when we get settled - looking forward to meeting you

3.5 wks and counting :jiggy:

Lisa

Hi guys - got meet and greet sorted now - thanks to all your help. We finally heard this morning. How exciting getting a welcome card with your name on it at the airport

Caoimhe - many thanks for your offer of help!

We have a furninshed house until we can move into our rented property -HG - we owe you that beer and barbie when we get settled - looking forward to meeting you

3.5 wks and counting :jiggy:

Lisa

Cool if it was convenient i could have picked you up....

HG