We decided we would go down the normal route of becoming Aussie Ctitizens, as many do, if I knew then what I know now theres no way I would of bothered!!
Cut a long story very short,
1) Did the test, paid the (I think large) fee for each of us
2) Now we get a letter, the birth certificate I have used for the last 30+ years is apparently not suitable for citizenship, this is the same certificate I used to get the visa into this country and the same one that has been produced many times since to prove who I am! Suddenly I now need to apply for a FULL certificate, at some ridiculous cost and hassle!!
3) Been here nearly 3 years so the police checks are out of date, now apparently we need to provide 2 new ones because we left Australia for a short time, at a cost of ANOTHER $80 each, need to be submitted in the UK and paid in Sterling, impossible if you dont have a UK bank account or someone willing to stump up the cash in the UK for you, or over come a massive bank charge to create a cheque!
4) The costs at present is nearing $1000, to get us to the stage of citizenship, strongly feeling we really cant be bothered, would be easier not to!!!
5) Oh and all of the above HAS to be done by 3rd Sept or citizenship will be declined and that I am pretty sure will open up a whole new can of worms!!
This country is so full of red tape and out of date procedures, the more we are here the more frustrating it seems to get!! We feel it is just one thing after another with the frustrations growing, surprised the internet not crashed while posting this thread, normally does thats another frustration and a whole other long winded story!! Running a company here is equally stressful but again another VERY long story...
Anyway any "helpful" tips or advice given the above situation, gratefully received!!
Its only Monday morning and I already feel like a HUGE glass of wine!! :)