Why did we come here????

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Guest Martin and Val

Another good reason for us is the fantastic dinner we have every Tuesday night at The Lockleys Hotel. $14 for a huge roast Carvery, 7 QUID in old silly money. How do they do it? They also do the same deal on Sundays and other specials on different nights of the week.

No rose tinted glasses on just very happy and like to spread the good news about just how good it really is.

Oh bugger work tomorrow morning, somethings never change!

Martin

Guest SA Great
Another good reason for us is the fantastic dinner we have every Tuesday night at The Lockleys Hotel. $14 for a huge roast Carvery, 7 QUID in old silly money. How do they do it? They also do the same deal on Sundays and other specials on different nights of the week.

No rose tinted glasses on just very happy and like to spread the good news about just how good it really is.

Martin

i bet njacinthebox can get the same carvery for half the price over there!! LOL

Guest turners

Martin

where is this wonderful place !!!!!!!:jiggy:

Guest emmaandlee

So why do people moan about the Adelaide winters??

I was worrid about moving out there in March and doing back to back winters - have people forgotton the days and nights in the UK where its -4 degrees?

Roll on March....

I came out there in April for 3 weeks and it was the best bloody summer i have had in a long long time. Went swimming in the sea loads of times and thought it was just fine, certanaly warmer then the uk sea in its very far and few heatwaves. Loads to do both free and the ones we paid for were all cheap. Ate out every night which was cheap and fuel for the car dont get me started, when i got back and had to fill up i almost cried. Can afford our 4 bed dream home and a pool for less then our 3 bed semi is worth. All in all we hated the bloody place.:confused:

we are just coming to the end of winter here, so the warmer days are popping their heads in every now and again.

It does get cold here, but not yUK cold, the houses are not geared up for the cold weather, but hey when spring and summer come along were going to be in for 6/7 months of days over 25....lets get it on!!!!

Enjoy all you guys already here, and catch you guys soon who are not here yet.....

HG

Guest cazzie

Yes, the weather is definitely one of the reasons for being in SA - it is heaps good, but I loved the really late nights in the UK over the last 3 weeks whereas SA is never light until 10pm. Yes, it did rain a few times but it was always really warm and don't forget the benefits of that rain - the UK is at its most beautiful right now.

I came out there in April for 3 weeks and it was the best bloody summer i have had in a long long time. Went swimming in the sea loads of times and thought it was just fine, certanaly warmer then the uk sea in its very far and few heatwaves. Loads to do both free and the ones we paid for were all cheap. Ate out every night which was cheap and fuel for the car dont get me started, when i got back and had to fill up i almost cried. Can afford our 4 bed dream home and a pool for less then our 3 bed semi is worth. All in all we hated the bloody place.:confused:

lol, excellent!

Guest Lisado

One thing I will miss in the UK :unsure:- all the bloomin Umpa lumpas wondering round the place (the North East Tan) - Its like being in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory :biglaugh:

We just can't wait to come over to the sunny side!

Lisa

Yes,

Adelaide is wonderful now as spring is arriving soon,but wha'ts all this yUK all about?The UK is where i was born,i am proud of this,and my birthplace also has wonderful Springs and Summers .Why compare one with another?Both are great places to me.Perhaps the Aussies would find the lack of Patriotism on here a little strange methinks.Never heard an Aussie in the UK denigrate their homeland with such fervour as we sometimes hear on here!Australia is great to me,and so is the UK!Live and let live FFS.

Guest Lisado

I think the UK used to be a great place to live but over the last few years I have become disheartened with it now but that is my own opinion. I cannot tell you how many people I have spoken to who know that I am leaving said they think it is the best thing we are doing and have said they wished they had the courage to up sticks and go.

This has made me proud of the fact that I do have the courage to move to the other side of the world and I am not just sitting here in an office moaning about the weather and rubbish TV - yet again. We are doing something about it

We cannot wait to come over and experience a different life and embrace the Australian culture. I may look back on UK with fond memories but as yet - apart from my family and friends - there isn't anything I will really miss.

Lisa

Guest Rob and Clare
Yes,

Adelaide is wonderful now as spring is arriving soon,but wha'ts all this yUK all about?The UK is where i was born,i am proud of this,and my birthplace also has wonderful Springs and Summers .Why compare one with another?Both are great places to me.Perhaps the Aussies would find the lack of Patriotism on here a little strange methinks.Never heard an Aussie in the UK denigrate their homeland with such fervour as we sometimes hear on here!Australia is great to me,and so is the UK!Live and let live FFS.

Nice post.. A nice balanced view. Nothing wrong with the UK, and nothing wrong with Adelaide either.

Yes,

I have heard alot of Aussies criticizing their homeland here and in the UK, as for comparing you will always get it when people leave one country for another, some comparisons good some bad.

Some peoples reasons for leaving the UK are different than other peoples reasons for leaving.

Its down to feelings and opinions..and whatever they may be we have to respect them.

HG

Yes,

Could not agree more about your comments as i am so proud to be English and British the problem is im just not proud of Britain anymore. The country in my opinion is failing on so many fronts over populated, over taxed, high crime, to many people who get to much for giving nothing and as we are part of the EU it is and will only get worse. We have an NHS system that anyone from the EU with anything can get on a plane and walk in to a hospital and get free treatment which in turn costs me money.

Which in turn is why i want to go to a country who unless i have what they want and am willing to work will give me nothing. Nothing to do with being un patriotic, just the truth mate.

Could not agree more about your comments as i am so proud to be English and British the problem is im just not proud of Britain anymore. The country in my opinion is failing on so many fronts over populated, over taxed, high crime, to many people who get to much for giving nothing and as we are part of the EU it is and will only get worse. We have an NHS system that anyone from the EU with anything can get on a plane and walk in to a hospital and get free treatment which in turn costs me money.

Which in turn is why i want to go to a country who unless i have what they want and am willing to work will give me nothing. Nothing to do with being un patriotic, just the truth mate.

Yes,i also agree that the UK is now not a desirable country to live in,in many ways.But we cannot blame our homeland,as,IMO, it has been sold down the river by successive spineless governments(both parties)

Yes,i also agree that the UK is now not a desirable country to live in,in many ways.But we cannot blame our homeland,as,IMO, it has been sold down the river by successive spineless governments(both parties)

This thread really has not gone the way it was intended, it was intended to poke a bit of fun at the British weather.....:nah:

HG

Yep i agree but as i cannot change the situation as im someone who wants more i will do the next best thing. Leave.

Guest moonraker1959
Cheltenham yUK Saturday white cloud 20 degrees SUMMER

Seaford Australia Saturday Bright sunshine 25 degrees WINTER

I still cnt work it out????

:idea::idea:

HG

Is'nt it called global warming?I live in the UK,and we had 25c yesterday and I got sunburnt!:arghh: