Air con help!

Guest motlyman

Guest motlyman

I burnt something on the stove the other day so i opened the windows and turned on the air conditioner to blow the smoke out. All good.

I have noticed since then there has been water leaking from a plastic pipe from the unit on the roof?

We have been in this house for about 8 weeks, so the air con hasnt been on yet.

Any ideas??

Colin

Guest motlyman

No, not evaporated yet its still sitting in the gutter lol:biglaugh:

I dunno mate. not into this air con malarky. Its a big square cube thing on the roof with fins on it!!!!! It has a copper pipe going to it which i guess is a feed and a plastic pipe hanging out just resting on the roof which is the one dripping?

Cheers

Colin

No, not evaporated yet its still sitting in the gutter lol:biglaugh:

I dunno mate. not into this air con malarky. Its a big square cube thing on the roof with fins on it!!!!! It has a copper pipe going to it which i guess is a feed and a plastic pipe hanging out just resting on the roof which is the one dripping?

Cheers

Colin

I don't know much about aircon either, I know my swimming pool is still cold though;):D

Simon

Guest motlyman
I don't know much about aircon either, I know my swimming pool is still cold though;):D

Simon

Not for much longer though. Had a phone call from the supplier yesterday to say the solar was in. Just need to find a slot to fit it:wacko:

Watch this space.

Colin

Guest motlyman
ok dont panic thats supposed to happen apparently, its the overflow for any excess moisture, tho dont take my word for it cos ours is broke lol

Must be damn moist in there, its been dripping for 3 days and it was only on for 5 minutes:biglaugh:

I guess i'd better get some one to look at it.

Thanks

Colin

Guest guest569

I think its ok Colin as if you have a big box on the roof with fins then its evaporated and thats how that system works. Its should stop soon.

Soggy. Don't worry my pools still cold too and our solar is up and working.:biglaugh:

Guest motlyman
I think its ok Colin as if you have a big box on the roof with fins then its evaporated and thats how that system works. Its should stop soon

Just wondering how long soon will be? Would it be before or after the next millenium??? :biglaugh:

Only its 6 days today and it's not stopped:arghh:

Colin

Hi Colin,

If the unit is still switched on it's likely to be one of two things, either the float valve is sticky and the unit is overflowing, or you have a proplem with the dump valve (stuck partially open or leaking past the piston). If the unit is switched off chances are the water valve is stuck open.

I'm not an A/C engineer but had to fix my own during the heatwave and learned pretty much all the in's and out's of an Evap system.

Hope that helps.

Paul.