More gripe!

Rachiegarlo

If people have a beef with a moderator's decision, then please contact that person by PM rather than beginning a new thread in the guise of polite vilification.

Also it is very rude to mock people's spelling, expression, or viewpoint openly using a public forum. There are a multitude of reasons why this occurs and it is sly and underhand to have a dig.

There are some posters who may have difficulies in this area, or their fingers hit the wrong key, or whatever.

This is the kind of personal jibe we are trying to rid this site of. It doesn't matter who it is, the owner , a moderator, anyone, these comments will all be dealt with in the same way.

There are some people who also when a tad bored like to make a statement guarenteed to incite restlessness on the forum. DONT....it will just be removed.

If new people join this site wanting help and information then only see insider bickering it is a bit of a turn off. We all know how well this site can do it's job and I'm sure everyone has benefitted from it in some way, so let it run as it is supposed to and future migrants, or returnees will keep coming back to offer the help to others that they received previously.

Cheers!

Those who deliberately troll the forum looking to upset or flame members will be reomved along with those who go out there way to insult other members.

Please do use the report button report.gif if you see this happening - all the mods and me will then beable to look at it!

Thanks all

Tim

The problem is when you have a open forum you will always get certain people that make immflamatory remarks, Human nature! Some of the more heated ones are actually more interesting than the '' Can i get skimmed milk'' type of posts.

I quite often look in on some of the music forums and christ what people call eachother on them is crazy, but they do sometimes make for a good discussion! I also find certain individuals are in my opinion to oversensitive when certain things are said, chill out will you, if someone has a dig at you forget it!!! In saying that dont be afraid to voice an opinion through fear of being shout down!!!!

Keep up the good work Mods!

Simon:)

Guest kangomik

Just my 2 cents worth.

Your trying to crack eggs with hammers.

Your going to be busy, and your going to end up justifying everything you lock or delete.

Because after deleting a load of genuine drivel, your going to be in a frame of mind, and end up deleting or locking something that wasn't posed as a threat.

Trust me been there done it, got the Tee shirt,

You are making bold statements that will need constant monitoring. I see that your trying to tell the forum what will happen. I think an agreement between mods would work better. You cannot have one loose cannon deleting and locking what they see as threatening.

Taking the obvious p*** is a simple matter.

Your throwing more posts up threatening posters than is necessary.

All forums go off track..... this one is venturing off the lines in my opinion because there are less comming, and there is an influx of ones going back.

The forum is a habit, you log on at certain times, many will only look in certain sections.

Like i said just my 2 cents worth.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Your trying to crack eggs with hammers.

You are making bold statements that will need constant monitoring. I see that your trying to tell the forum what will happen. I think an agreement between mods would work better. You cannot have one loose cannon deleting and locking what they see as threatening.

Your throwing more posts up threatening posters than is necessary.

Like i said just my 2 cents worth.

Hi,

I just re read the OP twice, I can't see anything I disagree with, it seems to me that a few on this forum ( not you:)) need it spelled out to them in simple terms what is acceptable and what is not, most of us i'm sure enjoy a bit of banter and a good debate, these are the threads I like most! but if you can't argue a point without getting nasty you are proberly on the wrong site, and any point being made gets lost even if it has merit.

Simon:) and anyone can be as nasty as you like to me, I really don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nah:

That is the job of the moderators, to constantly monitor....occasionally we get busy and that is why there are more than 2.

I don't care what anyone says to me or whether they criticise my decisions. I am secure about my decisions, where I live, what I am doing so it's no skin off my nose, but for people prevaricating whether they have made the right decision, or attempting to get across a message, it must be very disheartening to be cricised for their spelling. their wording or anything else.

Over the year n a half that I have moderated on here I have seen it all. Yes you will get differing opinions and debates etc, The mods do have brains and do weigh up the contexts of statements, comments and the directions the threads are heading in.

Some need a kneejerk reaction and closure because people continue to hammer away without heeding suggestions it is time to stop, return to the original posters post etc.

You also get to know which posters are likely to kick off and some just come out of the woodwork to add their 2 cents worth to any stoush going on.

So in short above comment is not being made because I worry about what people say about me, but because of what occurs in the forums to others. Sometimes people need reminding of forum etiquette .....

People have different opinions thats just life. Sometimes goes back and forth a bit to much but if there is no debate, no difference of opinions, and no banter then you loose half of the interesting threads. Some people as soon as you disagree with them or dont post along the oh how sorry to hear that lines get upset, some people get upset when you post an opinion to someone they know and they disagree with again just life. If its a closed comunity where we all have to agree with each other and not post incase we offend then maybe thats what needs to be said. Sometimes some people do not like to sit on a fence. Just my opinion hope i havent offended anyone.

Its good to remind everyone of forum ettiquette, and it shouldn't be a place to abuse someone just because you disagree with their opinion.

Saying that i think in order to make it *just* moderators need to be impartial to the view of the poster, just because they dont agree doesn't mean the post ought to be deleted.

Just mho :)

Guest Django
People have different opinions thats just life. Sometimes goes back and forth a bit to much but if there is no debate, no difference of opinions, and no banter then you loose half of the interesting threads. Some people as soon as you disagree with them or dont post along the oh how sorry to hear that lines get upset, some people get upset when you post an opinion to someone they know and they disagree with again just life. If its a closed comunity where we all have to agree with each other and not post incase we offend then maybe thats what needs to be said. Sometimes some people do not like to sit on a fence. Just my opinion hope i havent offended anyone.

Its not about differing of opinions. Wouldn't the world (and the forum) be boring if that was the case. Its how things are said thats the issue not the differing of opinions. I have deleted comments that, to my mind, were insulting the fact that I agreed with the point the offending post was putting across is neither here nor there. Posts are not moderated because the moderator disagrees with the poster. It is deleted because the post breaks forum rules end of.

Pete

Guest kangomik

Pete

It's that last sentence fella.

Maybe it's text, maybe i read it wrong.

Once the horse has bolted and all that.

I wish the mods all the best on this new tact, and enforcement of forum rules. I think it will detract from things on the forum.

Personally i think theres only one person who should have started such a thread. At the end of the day thats where the buck stops.

Its not about differing of opinions. Wouldn't the world (and the forum) be boring if that was the case. Its how things are said thats the issue not the differing of opinions. I have deleted comments that, to my mind, were insulting the fact that I agreed with the point the offending post was putting across is neither here nor there. Posts are not moderated because the moderator disagrees with the poster. It is deleted because the post breaks forum rules end of.

Pete

From some of the posts i have seen deleated Django this is not always the case. Maybe a dont read if easely offended section would be more appropriate and these threads moved into there if they get a little bit fruity. We had a vote for the moving back to the UK section, maybe a vote for this section would give a fair opinion of peoples views.

Guest Django
From some of the posts i have seen deleated Django this is not always the case.

Name one and I shall look into it. All the deleted posts can be brought back. Don't forget some posts, even though they don't break forum rules themselves, are removed because they refer to a post that has been removed and therefore when the moderated thread is read they make no sense.

I think it would be rather easier for posters to think about their own posts before they post them and decide if it helpful or just plain nasty.

Guest Django
Pete

It's that last sentence fella.

Maybe it's text, maybe i read it wrong.

Once the horse has bolted and all that.

I wish the mods all the best on this new tact, and enforcement of forum rules. I think it will detract from things on the forum.

Personally i think theres only one person who should have started such a thread. At the end of the day thats where the buck stops.

So you don't think we should enforce forum rules????? Interesting, perhaps we don't need moderators or forum rules? Let anarchy reign. I'll put that forward to Tim.

So you don't think we should enforce forum rules????? Interesting, perhaps we don't need moderators or forum rules? Let anarchy reign. I'll put that forward to Tim.

Maybe a dont read if easely offended section would be more appropriate and these threads moved into there if they get a little bit fruity. We had a vote for the moving back to the UK section, maybe a vote for this section would give a fair opinion of peoples views.

Not arnachy just somewhere with different people with different views can be adults.

I don't care what anyone says to me or whether they criticise my decisions. I am secure about my decisions, where I live, what I am doing

You also get to know which posters are likely to kick off and some just come out of the woodwork to add their 2 cents worth to any stoush going on.

Hi,

of course your secure about where you live and what you do, you live in south plympton and work in north adelaide this clearly shows true enlightenment perhaps even genius:idea:, also what is stoush???????

Simon:)

Guest Fancy a Beer
If people have a beef with a moderator's decision, then please contact that person by PM rather than beginning a new thread in the guise of polite vilification.

Also it is very rude to mock people's spelling, expression, or viewpoint openly using a public forum. There are a multitude of reasons why this occurs and it is sly and underhand to have a dig.

There are some posters who may have difficulies in this area, or their fingers hit the wrong key, or whatever.

This is the kind of personal jibe we are trying to rid this site of. It doesn't matter who it is, the owner , a moderator, anyone, these comments will all be dealt with in the same way.

There are some people who also when a tad bored like to make a statement guarenteed to incite restlessness on the forum. DONT....it will just be removed.

If new people join this site wanting help and information then only see insider bickering it is a bit of a turn off. We all know how well this site can do it's job and I'm sure everyone has benefitted from it in some way, so let it run as it is supposed to and future migrants, or returnees will keep coming back to offer the help to others that they received previously.

It was my thread you deleted and because I wrote a very simple comment on your original thread and you didnt like my comment you closed the thread as quote "I was niggling you" my very simple general comment was "I wonder if your new rule applys to EVERYONE that's the "in" and the "out" crowd!!" you took offense to that and closed the thread for "normal" posters but still allowed other Mods to add their comments!

When I opened up a new thread in response you deleted it, from where I and many others are sitting we suddenly have a Mod who has decided that if she dont like the comment or the thread then thats it she "has the power" to delete it!

This is an open forum, I totally understand that there are rules to be followed but if people cant cope with other peoples opinions then they shouldnt come on here your comments are well over the top and its obvious you have taken it extreamly personally for some reason, my initial comment was infact not a dig at you personally it was a general statement that certainly many people I know from the site agree with!

I have no idea who you are, where you live as you put it and in all honesty really dont care but I do care when someone can take an open swipe and then quickly close and delete respsonses in order to make themselves look better!

Now I am sure by morning you will of deleted my response, closed the thread and then open up another, and so be it if thats what makes you happy!!

I don't often post on here but have to say if I were a new person reading a thread such as this I would wonder what was going on. This thread seems to be doing just what you are trying to stop, it reads slightly of bickering and has a ring of 'us against them' approach. Maybe it is just the way I am reading it?

PIA always used to have a friendly community feel to it, hopefully that will come back soon

Steph

I think that the good times will return...:jiggy:

HG

Guest katsmajic

jeezz

i think the objective of this thread was lost in page 1!

i read it as dont be mean/nasty to other posters, follow the basic forum rules (that most forums have), share experiences but dont verbally attack or bash others.

too easy really!