No going back!!!

Guest Obedoh

Guest Obedoh

That's it then, no going back. Shippers arrived this morning and as I am typing this they are busy covering the sofas. Really strange the way they have to completely cover every bit of furniture.

Didn't sleep much last night, had the real wobbles. Was questionning is this the right thing, how can I leave my son and parents, lovely friends and family, should I cancel the shipping. I'm susre lots of people go through the same. Feel better today. Will feel even better after its all gone tomorrow and I can start to enjoy the last few weeks with family and friends.

4 WEEK COUNTDOWN!!!!!

Jackie

Guest Django

Its a strange feeling when you see all your stuff drive off and you find you have an empty house.:goofy:

You'll be fine. I left behind a son and daughter but they are older and have their own lives. My daughter and her hubby are coming out to visit this Christmas which I can't wait for.:jiggy:When I was in your position I just kept reminding myself of not what we were doing but why.

Pete

Guest suttons

how exciting Jackie, thanks for the reply on my thread about whether to validate or just go for it, keep me posted how you are getting on and how you find settling etc feel free to PM me when you are set up in Oz, would be very interested to hear your views, good luck xxxx

Shona, Ian, Elisha, Mitchell and Ty

Guest Obedoh
how exciting Jackie, thanks for the reply on my thread about whether to validate or just go for it, keep me posted how you are getting on and how you find settling etc feel free to PM me when you are set up in Oz, would be very interested to hear your views, good luck xxxx

Shona, Ian, Elisha, Mitchell and Ty

Will keep you informed when we get there Shona, good luck to you all

Jackie

Hi Obedoh,

It was good to meet you over the weekend at the meet up in Leicester.

Good luck with the next 4 weeks, I'm sure your emotions will be all over the place.

We had some good news of our own on Tuesday, Our Visa's were granted :-).

Also had Pickfords around to give us a quote.

Did you use pickfords, can't quite remember who you said on sunday. If not could you recommend anyone else for a quote?

Guest Obedoh
Hi Obedoh,

It was good to meet you over the weekend at the meet up in Leicester.

Good luck with the next 4 weeks, I'm sure your emotions will be all over the place.

We had some good news of our own on Tuesday, Our Visa's were granted :-).

Also had Pickfords around to give us a quote.

Did you use pickfords, can't quite remember who you said on sunday. If not could you recommend anyone else for a quote?

Hi Neil, Jane and Joseph

Huge congratulations on your visa. Maybe you won't have to put your stuff in storage that long? Are you hoping to head out sooner?

We are using John Masons. 2 guys came today and have just got on with it. They hope to finish packing by lunch and then van comes to take it all away in a couple of hours. They have been really good and gave us the same price as cheapest quoted. We also thought PSS were really good..

Well done again on your visa, hope to see you there soon.

Jacie & Duncan

Guest back clan

Hi Jackie, We felt exactly the same when the shippers came and our emotions are up and down but I am also v excited. Ian is also leaving 2 kids 22 and 20 in the Uk but they have their flights booked already.

I was great to see everyone on Sunday. Good luck with your last few wks and hope to see you in Adelaide

Lelsey

Hi Neil, Jane and Joseph

Huge congratulations on your visa. Maybe you won't have to put your stuff in storage that long? Are you hoping to head out sooner?

We are using John Masons. 2 guys came today and have just got on with it. They hope to finish packing by lunch and then van comes to take it all away in a couple of hours. They have been really good and gave us the same price as cheapest quoted. We also thought PSS were really good..

Well done again on your visa, hope to see you there soon.

Jacie & Duncan

Hi Jacie, could you post the number for John Masons please and what is PSS?

Don't know about going any earlier, Trying to sort out my qualifications to get a quicker licence to work rather than a 12 month mandatory work experiance program.

Guest the4hopes

2 days after our shippers had gone I saw my lovely favourite enormous clock on the kitchen wall, aaaaaaaaahhhh and it was my fault!!

My sister in law now lives in my house and has my clock!!

Guest Mrs DizzyRascal

Hi we have been hear for 2 months now, from my experience its wellworth it,my life now is mainly,taking the kids soccer then straight too the beach surfing and its still winter,not badxxx