Visa's are here

Guest Denise 42

Guest Denise 42

Hi all

recieved my 457 visa 3/8/07

medicals were sent 19/05/07

booked flights be there 22nd August

start work 6th September

all go now, trying to find someone to rent house ( nightmare)

can anyone have any suggestion on the cheapest way to get more clothes out apart from wearing 4 layers

Denise 42 mental health nurse going to work at the RAH

Guest Denise 42
When we flew out with singapore airlines we rang head office and told them we were emigrating for good and they gave us an extra 15kgs allowance so try that

good luck

chris

Hi

tried that one has we are only travelling on 457 visa that wont allow any extra

Guest dglamoore

Technically we were not allowed the extra on an SIR495 as only temp but we got it :rolleyes: we did not lie but I did have a bit of a blonde moment on the phone that worked in my favor :P so ended up with the 40kg each with Singapore Airlines.

Lisa:cool:

Guest Denise 42

hi did they not question this at the airport did they ask to look at visa's.

my two teenagers are going on working holiday visa's then hubby and I on 457

thanks Denise

Guest dglamoore

they did not query it at all as it was on the computer we had been given 40kg - the woman at heathrow even joked we had 13kg left for shopping during our stopover in singapore :) would have been rude not to make use of it so we made sure we did ;) If all else failed and they told me no at the airport I would have cried and then if that did not work I would have kicked Dawn's ankles so she started too ;)(usually works hehe)

Lisa:cool:

Guest Denise 42

Hi thanks for that, i've already booked my flights, do you think if i phone them direct and ask then they might send more paper work to claim this worth a try

Denise

Definitely worth a try ! We have the SIR495 visa & a friend suggested I email the enquiry team, they authorised 30kg per person, so we have 120kg in total.

Feel very fortunate actually as I know its not the norm on this visa.

Give it a go.

Good luck

Angela

hola denise, wonderin if i can pick your brains? how did you go about organising a job for yourself before you left and did your new employer assist in any way with the migration process? also, wot job you got lined up Ward or community?

Cheers, dave

awaiting TRA decision.

Guest dp n dd

Hi Everyone

We have booked with Singapore airlines and tried to get 40kg of luggage to no avail. I was told to ring the airline direct and the woman on the other end wouldn't budge :mad:she just kept saying its because its a temporary visa.

Ive got 20kg just in shoes lol!! :rolleyes:so not too happy. Going to get oh to try and sweet talk them tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Jeanette xx