Grr! Poms!

Lazy Cow

I am so cross!

Oh's just been to Tappy's, only to discover that a couple of pommie kids with northern accents had helped themselves to the merchandise, then when caught, made such a fuss that they tore loose before the police arrived and they tried to bash a customer.

Earlier this evening, the kids were out kicking the footy down the oval and a kid came over and demand that one of the boys hand over his runners....from the description it sounds like it was one of the Tappy Two. Grr!

If you add that to the couple of London-sounding poms who have been bashing/graffing and drinking their way round here, Aberfoyle Park will soon be known for it's amount of poms. And not in a good way :sad:.

And that's why I'm cross! I don't want everyone with an English accent to be seen in a negative light because of these ferals, but what can we do?Double grr!

Am I over-reacting?

LC:(

Guest Zako999

It sounds like back home! I'm from up North but much much much much much worse things happend!! everyday at least 2 people been stabbed! count yourself lucky!

But yeah, this is abit bad, giving a bad name to us English!

Guest happy feet

not over reacting

Same in Hallett Cove, it seems to be the English kids, causing the probs, not all might i add, but this is what i wanted my kids and me to get away from...Shame really, a shop owner once said to me" Why have u come here", reply...for the kids.....reply back" that's what u all say", i just hope one day they realise what u (us) have given up for them!!!!!!!

Guest kangomik

did you see TV last night, on about worlds toughest parents. The Pom kids where great, a real token to the country, scream and shout till you get what you want, no responsibility for their actions.

Basically the kids have the rights and the powers............... well they think this, so act like it.

sorry but i blame the parents!

It's bound to happen now and again, parents see the writing on the wall and bring their kids out to what they hope will be a better place, but the kids themselves have already formed their attitudes and sometimes bring the problems with them. I've heard both teachers and police in the UK bemoaning the fact that nowadays if you criticise or discipline a child, the parents take the side of the child rather than the side of the authorities, and much as I'd like to think that every Brit that emigrates is a good sort, the law of averages says it can't be so.

Very very sad, I hope they catch them, and the kids are still malleable enough to change their ways - for the better.

Diane

Pardonez moi,but what has their accent got to do with it all,North or South?Seems to imply that this is where all UK guttersnipes hail from,a tad judgemental in tone methinks.

northern and southern accents were mentioned in the OP, both causing problems, judgemental yes but about the behaviour not the area of UK they came from.:):)

Simon

Pardonez moi,but what has their accent got to do with it all,North or South?Seems to imply that this is where all UK guttersnipes hail from,a tad judgemental in tone methinks.

I didn't read it that way at all - just that if you were a parent living in that area, and perhaps your kids have a northern english accent, might be worth checking where your kids were and what they've been up to! If they are from the West Country, or dodgy Essex, then probably in this case you can sleep easy in your bed, albeit thinking "there but for the grace of god..."

Guest kangomik

Jeez i don't know how this ended up as a north south pommey debate.

Fact is the kids are being a pain. If they are yours grab them in and have a wrod ( fat chance of them being from the forum)

As the moderator points out, its most probably Aussie kids putting on pommey accents..

(YEH RIGHT I WISH)

As the moderator points out, its most probably Aussie kids putting on pommey accents..

(YEH RIGHT I WISH)

Mmmm i cnt recall saying this at all, just saying that not all trouble makers are Poms..although the dealings that we have had with the coppers ( trust me we have had alot due to our kids being ****houses ) do label alot of Pom kids as the major trouble makers in certain suburbs.

HG

Meanwhile back at the Ranch what is Tappys?

Guest massive

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM north or south we came from north England and also live in the northern suburbs and in both cases have been slated for this however when i lived in north england and now here in north adelaide i would kick my kids arses for miss behavior i don't blame anyone and just try and bring my children up to no right from wrong north south east or west

Debbie

SHEEESH :biglaugh: I MUST KNOW NOW......WHAT IS TAPPY'S ?

and just a thought...when my parents lived in saudi they had to make sure my older brothers n sisters were the epitome of politeness whenever about as they were easily identifiable. Non aussie accents will make those kids' behaviour stand out a tad more than the local variety of yobbos who can be found in a lot of places.

Guest Guest75

Yas not overeacting - just annoyed it happens to be pommie kids - just does not show us up in a good light in our adopted country.

I'm embarrassed and certainly don't want all Poms and their siblings to be tarred with the same brush - which can happen with the locals.

Just hope the parents pull their kid's necks in.

That's coming from a Yorkshire man that cannot hide his accent ;)

I can see why you are annoyed - takes a lot for you to get riled,hope you've calmed down into your usual chilled state now LC.