One year today

Guest cazzie

Hi guys,

I have been here a whole year today! I can't believe how quickly it has passed overall yet sometimes it feels like I have been here much longer.

I am pleased to say that I have recovered from my post holiday blues and feel much more settled again. Looking back over the year I realise how far we have come and what we have achieved. I have attended UniSA for a fast track teacher course and gained the post graduate diploma in education which has enabled me to finally register as a teacher here - yay! I am now in the process of looking for a job, so wish me luck with that one.

Bill and I have just moved to Hallett Cove at the weekend, so we are settling in and have the most fantastic views of the sea - my heart lifts every time I look out of the window!

I still miss my family very much though but we are making the most of communicating by email and phone every weekend. I cannot stress the 'missing the family' bit enough for people coming over here - if you are close to your family and all get on well, it IS hard to be without them - it's just not the same. That's my opinion anyway. Of course I know that other people love their families and get on great too (Bill for one), but somehow they manage to live happily enough without them.

I have made some lovely English friends here and have to say that I am impressed with the Aussies too. On Saturday, the day we moved, my stepson managed to drive his car over the edge of the steep drive and the new neighbours(who we'd only said hello to seconds beforehand) came running over and heaved the car up onto the drive, all in the rain and in bare feet too - heroes! A few beers will be coming their way shortly. The Poms In Adelaide site has also been fantastic all round and we are thankful for the bargain furniture and holdhold items from the site too.

For me, moving to Adelaide will always be a compromise. I have a good life here and the beaches are great, but part of me will always belong back home in the UK.

I wish anyone emigrating here the best of luck and really envy people coming here with young children as I do believe that life here is much healthier all round. Finally, Bill - my darling husband, thanks for all of your love and support. Cheers.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Cazzie

Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you are now in the job market!

Congrats on making it to the 1 year mark, I hope things continue to work out for you.

Mandy

Hi guys,

I have been here a whole year today! I can't believe how quickly it has passed overall yet sometimes it feels like I have been here much longer.

I am pleased to say that I have recovered from my post holiday blues and feel much more settled again. Looking back over the year I realise how far we have come and what we have achieved. I have attended UniSA for a fast track teacher course and gained the post graduate diploma in education which has enabled me to finally register as a teacher here - yay! I am now in the process of looking for a job, so wish me luck with that one.

Bill and I have just moved to Hallett Cove at the weekend, so we are settling in and have the most fantastic views of the sea - my heart lifts every time I look out of the window!

I still miss my family very much though but we are making the most of communicating by email and phone every weekend. I cannot stress the 'missing the family' bit enough for people coming over here - if you are close to your family and all get on well, it IS hard to be without them - it's just not the same. That's my opinion anyway. Of course I know that other people love their families and get on great too (Bill for one), but somehow they manage to live happily enough without them.

I have made some lovely English friends here and have to say that I am impressed with the Aussies too. On Saturday, the day we moved, my stepson managed to drive his car over the edge of the steep drive and the new neighbours(who we'd only said hello to seconds beforehand) came running over and heaved the car up onto the drive, all in the rain and in bare feet too - heroes! A few beers will be coming their way shortly. The Poms In Adelaide site has also been fantastic all round and we are thankful for the bargain furniture and holdhold items from the site too.

For me, moving to Adelaide will always be a compromise. I have a good life here and the beaches are great, but part of me will always belong back home in the UK.

I wish anyone emigrating here the best of luck and really envy people coming here with young children as I do believe that life here is much healthier all round. Finally, Bill - my darling husband, thanks for all of your love and support. Cheers.

Well done cazzie, great post, very honest and to the point. Great to hear you still as happy as you can be. You both have gone through so much and Bill im sure has helped a lot. well done