• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: here at last

Hi Carol Ann

Does not matter if temp or perm. We have an SIR visa and have applied and will find out 4 weeks before departure if we have been successful or not.

They don't have many propeties to go round so not everybody gets it but worth applying for to start off :D

donna T
      I think they have around 50 or so properties throughout Adelaide. We requested near Fulham Gardens and have been gven Novar Gardens for our OAA. We didn;t think we would get it as it is a busy time with festivals and Easter but we were lucky. Definitely worth it as we are being charged $128 per week which is so cheap compared to rented and will give us a great base to look around the different suburbs to see where we wnat to live.

family assistance

Hi Maggie,
      we went to centre link to apply for the family assistance do it straight away as we got $100 more a fortnight while cam was out of work and we got the health card which means you dont pay for the doctors and other things i know you dont pay for the docs as we went three times and cause i had the health card it was free,but you must notify them of changes to your circumstances straight away so as soon as cam got a job we told them and lost the health card and the family assistance dropped to $280 a fortnight which is still more than you get family allowance at home.
      hope that helps

cheers Hayls
      p.s you have to have a permanent visa

Hi Hayley, Glad to hear that you are settling in. We have had our TRA passed and are waiting to go for our medicals. My husband Paul is also a joiner and it's great to hear that yours was offered quite a few jobs. Paul will just have to hold out for the highest paid, I don't want to panic when we are out there and he takes the first offered. It's great to hear about adelaide. Thanks for all your info. Regards, Lorna.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums