Breaking lease, 3 bedroom in Hallett Cove.

soccer65

We are returning back to the UK thus we will be breaking the lease on our 3 bedroom rental in Hallett Cove on the 5th Dec 2009, the lease will be due to run out on the 13th April 2010, just send me a pm if anybody is interested or needs any more details, we will be imforming the real estate people within the next two weeks.

Guest SA Great

There are way too many people returning to the UK, what is going on!!!! Am I missing out? Is the UK really that good? Maybe I will go back too? Or maybe I am too Aussie to go back? Whats going on?????????????

Guest friends4life
We are returning back to the UK thus we will be breaking the lease on our 3 bedroom rental in Hallett Cove on the 5th Dec 2009, the lease will be due to run out on the 13th April 2010, just send me a pm if anybody is interested or needs any more details, we will be imforming the real estate people within the next two weeks.

Hi

We would be interested as we are arriving November 14th and staying at holiday resort please could you pm me with more details.

Thank You

Sam

Guest Guest75
There are way too many people returning to the UK, what is going on!!!! Am I missing out? Is the UK really that good? Maybe I will go back too? Or maybe I am too Aussie to go back? Whats going on?????????????

I've been back .......and come back.

I'm too Aussie.

Jut for as hol though :P

It is tougher for incomers I fear at the moment + more and more are finding this site.

Guest SA Great
I've been back .......and come back.

I'm too Aussie.

Jut for as hol though :P

It is tougher for incomers I fear at the moment + more and more are finding this site.

To be honest mate I don't think Adelaide is as good as it used to be. When we came here 18 years ago everything was so cheap, eating out was half the price, houses half the price, I could go on. Hope the milk and honey are not turning sour!!!!

Guest Guest75
To be honest mate I don't think Adelaide is as good as it used to be. When we came here 18 years ago everything was so cheap, eating out was half the price, houses half the price, I could go on. Hope the milk and honey are not turning sour!!!!

I think it's tough everywhere at present,it might settle down again.

Adelaide had been a hidden gem for ears.

When we arrived 9 years ago people aske why e had chosen Adelaide in an astonished tone.

Guest SA Great

Yes we used to get asked the same question! It was all Perth and Brissie! Mind you I still have a soft spot for the Brisbane area, especially the Gold Coast, it's big and tacky....like me!!

Guest SA Great
I am enjoying my time in Adelaide, but out of a family of four, two say yes and two say no, the ruling was if anybody could not settle then we would return back to the UK, so while im still here I am going to enjoy it..

Fair enough mate....are you a yes or no?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Not about the lease - sorry but will keep my ears open....my boy is 14 in Feb, started school yesterday, has no friends yet and isn't too impressed with everything at the mo. Did your boy make any friends ..did he go to the r-12 school ?

Guest cunnah10

You will be "HOME" for Christmas......good luck with your life back in the UK!!!

Like others on here I am also "surprised" by the amount of people RETURNING to the UK (I am a ping ponger also)!!!

People are even returning when the weather is so lovely here & not so great in the UK ...so not even the guaranteed "Sunshine" & "blue skies" is enough to make them want to stay for even just a few more months!

I have heard of sooooo many leaving Adelaide recently and heading back to the UK ... which is still in such a bad recession & winter time is approaching quickly!Some have gone back after just a few weeks here!

What is going on?

What is it that is "NOT" making them want to stay?

Do more migrants return to the UK from Adelaide than any other state?

I know from speaking to a few other people here that they are still NOT settled or even happy here in Adelaide ..some after just a few months..others 12 mths...and a few have been here for quite a few years & still not happy!

Although on the otherhand there are MANY who LOVE it here...which must be great ..as if you feel that way you know that you have made the right decision coming to Adelaide!

I really am interested as to what reasons people are leaving Adelaide in what seems to be a large number of you lately!!

I was born and bread in Adelaide, I have spent the last 5 years in Nottingham as I met my wife in Greece...(thats another story). Nikki is born and bread in Nottingham and if we had any chance of a future I had to make the first move.

Years 1 to 2. I really struggled, I simply didn't like it.

Years 3 to 4. I started getting used to most of the things that I origionally didn't like and even started to enjoy things.

Year 5. By now I was entrenched in life in the UK. I always wanted to move back to Adelaide however there were doubts!!

I have been back in Adelaide now for 1 month, Nikki and the kids get down here in a months time. Since I have been in the UK things have changed here in Adelaide the two main changes have been prices have gone up and traffic seems worse HOWEVER my reasons for coming back are very clear. In my opinion Adelaide still offers us as a family a much better future and as far as the kids long term future there is no comparison.

When the kids are older they still will have family in the UK (and the passports) to spend time with if they choose.

I guess the moral of this is it does take time, I would give it at least 4 years to see how things go. If after that time and you were still unsure go back for a holiday. If you speak to the 10 pound poms they will tell you how tough it was, if you speak to the kids of the 10 pound poms they are very thankfull their parents toughed it out!

These are just my thoughts.

Good luck to all, what ever you choose.

Dallas

Excellent post Dallas, and welcome back to Adelaide!!

Someone said to me a little while ago is that the reason a lot of poms end up ging back to the UK is because they come expecting Australia to be "england with sun" rather than a foreign country with different ways, different foods, different culture etc. On the other hand, migrants from other countries (germany, italy, greece going back a few years, and maybe the asian countries more these days) know from the start that the place they are coming to speaks a different language and it's going to take time to adjust.

As I said in another post recently, Australia is a developed country with a good medical structure, clean drinking water, good schools, good roads etc etc, so you can't expect to come here and have all the 'modern' conveniences without having to pay for it somehow. So it's not like moving to a little backwater country and being able to buy a mansion with no mortgage, eat well and plentifully of fresh local ingredients for a mere pittance, and spend your days doing a couple of hours work and lying by the pool with a glass of incredibly cheap wine in your hand! Country France used to be like that - and even Spain - not that long ago but I think even that has changed.

And yes, priority in jobs is given to locals - isn't one of the things people complain about in the UK the influx of eastern european migrants 'taking UK jobs that could be done just as well by someone British'? So if there's an Australian who can do a job here, why should a company even think about looking at a migrant? Yes if you're out of work or looking for a job it's frustrating - I know that very well. But even if the job you've come out here to do is on the 'needed' list, that doesn't mean you're the only person here that can do it - it might just mean that maybe somewhere out in Bordertown, they haven't got enough locals to do that particular job, so that counts as "South Australia"!

If you're thinking of moving out to Australia, your reasons have to go above the financial - as Dallas said, you have to be looking down the line at your children's future, even if it means your lifestyle might have to take second place for a good few years. I've got a smaller house here, no pool, left my fantastic babysitting parents and inlaws on the other side of the world, left friends I've known for the majority of my life, my husband got made redundant here in February, and I'm back to working most of the week again to supplement the family income.....BUT my kids have the chance of an excellent education here, my 15 year old daughter spends her free time cycling, swimming or playing tennis with friends rather than hanging round a shopping mall drinking and smoking, I don't worry that my children might get stabbed when they're out with their friends, and when we get free time we head out camping as a family, or go for a long wak somewhere, or head for the beach.

It's not utopia, nowhere is, and perhaps the kids will want to move for Uni or for jobs when they're older, but for now I feel we've done what's best for them. Not best for me necessarily, but what's best for them!

Sorry, getting off soapbox now!!!

Soccer65, just want to say I admire you immensely for having given it a go, and having the courage to know when it's not working. I think with the ages of your children it must have been a very hard decision to move here in the first place, and I am sure they will have benefitted enormously from the experience. It is a very strong thing to do to work through such an experience as a family and come out the other side together and united.

Wish you all the very best for your move back and future life.