Royal Adelaide Show

HEAPS GOOD !!!

We went yesterday, and we had a fantastic time.

There was lots of stuff to do from seeing farm animals to riding some pretty good rides.

We did the animals first and then moved onto the Hi-Lux Heroes, where for the grand finale this guy rode a factory spec car on two wheels around the whole oval.:GEEK:

Then after these uys came the freestyle Yamaha motor bike guys, and let me tell you these guys are nuts absolutely crazy, they did all sorts of stuff one handed, none handed and to top it off all three in a line doing back flips with their bikes.

Then off we went to the rides, we purchased the kids and some adult ride tickets on line, which was a great idea.

After the rides of we went to watch a V8 Ute racing against a high speed drift car, and amazingly enough the V8 Ute won ( woohoo ) then it was the motor bikes again.

then it was firework time, and were they bloody good or what.....you dnt realise how much you miss these sort of firework displays til you see a big old one like they have at the show..

I highly recommend the show, sire it can be expensive if you dnt manage it properly but in our opinion it was a great day, especially for all newbs but it can be expensive, we took some food in with us and got a locker to store the food in, when the food was gone we used it to stash the showbags in, we also bought a nan trolley, which also came in handy for carrying coats and drinks etc etc.

But by far the best thing that we did on the whole day was purchasing the tickets online, i reckon we saved around 45mins on not having to queue up to get tickets.:idea:

I hope this is if some use to someone, i just wanted to let guys know that we had a great family day out.:) with lots and lots to do with a big part of it not costing anything, especially the animal side of things.

HG

But by far the best thing that we did on the whole day was purchasing the tickets online, i reckon we saved around 45mins on not having to queue up to get tickets.:idea:

Blimey...we went tuesday...and got tickets straight away...hardly any queue!!

Must admit, this was the first time i have been....(and i have lived here 4 years!)......i was pleasantly surprised.....

I set my kids a budget.....took our own food....and it didnt break the bank!

Blimey...we went tuesday...and got tickets straight away...hardly any queue!!

Must admit, this was the first time i have been....(and i have lived here 4 years!)......i was pleasantly surprised.....

I set my kids a budget.....took our own food....and it didn't break the bank!

You have to set a budget else it can get totally out of hand, and let me tell you there was plenty of that going on yesterday but none of it buy us, it was scary seeing how some people were spending...:shocked:

HG

Guest guest3462

We've been today too and had an amazing time. The kids absolutely loved it and weren't even bothered about the fair, there was so much other stuff to do!!! Personally I loved the showbag pavillion and the farm walk. The girls really loved seeing the fairies. And, the police were fantastic when we lost Lizzie and spent 10 frantic minutes trying to find her!!!!

Can't wait til next years show and yes Lindsey, we will be saving our recycle money too!!

Guest katsmajic

Thats a great idea Lindsey. :idea:

We got the badges for our kids - "if found please take me to the police" with our phone numbers on the back - they had them at quite a few points at the show.

As Heaps said - we had a fab day - got there at 11.30, loads to see and do, got to the rides at 6ish and left show at 10 - very long but very good, full and good value day out! :notworthy:

Now to start on my recycling collection :biglaugh:

Guest guest3462

Yes, we had the badges too, fortunaltely she was found before anyone needed to ring us. She wasn't far away from us in the end, just lost and very distressed. Poor thing has been remembering it all night, but she won't run off again in a hurry eh?

All in all a fantastic day and we can't praise the security and police staff there enough, very reassuring that they do everything they can to help.

Guest graandjac
Hopefully we are going tomorrow,just have to wait and see how Mrs Tyke and her jet lag are doing:goofy:

You could get Mrs Tyke one of the tags in case she gets lots....pmsl:biglaugh:

Crackin , hope you got some networking done amongst all that smiling and enjoying yourselves:)

Aye - partially was there for networking on the new biz;)

Found loads of contacts/fixtures.