one week in

Guest back clan

Guest back clan

Well we arrived on Thursday 3rd September. We didn't have a reply from meet and greet sowere quite happy to make our own way into Adelaide centre where we were staying for 4 nights.What a surprise when we walked out to find Bryan from meet and greet waiting for us.

He has been absolutely brilliant and has showed us all over Adelaide.We spent Thursday keeping ourselves busy and went to see Morag at the Commonwealth bank who was equqlly brill and helpful.

Fri did medicare, walked all over the city and met Bryan again who gave us yet more info.

Adealide reminds us a bit of Canada with all the beautiful hils surrounding the city.

We are really impressed so far.There seems so much to do,more than I expected and the people are so friendly.

Sun we had a trip to A&E.Ian was doing the washing up and the sink in our appartment collapsed which he tried to catch and it gashed his fingers.7 stitches later but he said the staff at Royal Adelaide were really good.

Some people will do anything to get out of the washing up!!!!:biglaugh: We left the apartment like a scene from Csi with blood on the walls and carpet and the sink at the bottom of the cupboard. But the hotel was great,Honest!!!!

We are in Marino at the mo.Can,t get our heads round the transport system.We have secured a rental and bought a car just need to find a job now

First impressions we love it

Hi Back Clan

Welcome to Adelaide! It sounds like you've got off to an exciting start - with the medical drama and all that. And it also sounds like you've got a great attitude to your new life, I'm glad to hear you're loving it so far, long may it continue...

Good luck with the next stage...you'll be busy for a few weeks but things will soon settle down.

:)

Guest kangomik

Well done on arriving in Adelaide, those people that do Meet and Greets are super stars....... But then again so is Morag, she is excellent!

Good luck in the future, hope the wound heals.

Wow... you've been busy

There is quite a good train from Marino in/out of the city .......... would take about 20 odd minutes on non-stopping service. See www.adelaidemetro.com.au This might be handy when you're working rather than always needing to drive into town. Buy a multi-trip ticket (10 trips for $29) as it's cheaper.

Good luck with job hunting and exploring ........hopefully don't explore any more hospitals!

Hi Lesley

Hope Ian's hand is feeling better today. Looking forward to meeting up again tomorrow

I have to agree- we can't work out the transport either. We sat for ages waiting for a bus outside station at Hallett Cove only to be told by the people in a house near by that the bus stopped going to the stop after 7pm as it went to a stop in the car park - we had a 25 minute walk back to the house we are in!!!!

Lisa

Well we arrived on Thursday 3rd September. We didn't have a reply from meet and greet sowere quite happy to make our own way into Adelaide centre where we were staying for 4 nights.What a surprise when we walked out to find Bryan from meet and greet waiting for us.

He has been absolutely brilliant and has showed us all over Adelaide.We spent Thursday keeping ourselves busy and went to see Morag at the Commonwealth bank who was equqlly brill and helpful.

Fri did medicare, walked all over the city and met Bryan again who gave us yet more info.

Adealide reminds us a bit of Canada with all the beautiful hils surrounding the city.

We are really impressed so far.There seems so much to do,more than I expected and the people are so friendly.

Sun we had a trip to A&E.Ian was doing the washing up and the sink in our appartment collapsed which he tried to catch and it gashed his fingers.7 stitches later but he said the staff at Royal Adelaide were really good.

Some people will do anything to get out of the washing up!!!!:biglaugh: We left the apartment like a scene from Csi with blood on the walls and carpet and the sink at the bottom of the cupboard. But the hotel was great,Honest!!!!

We are in Marino at the mo.Can,t get our heads round the transport system.We have secured a rental and bought a car just need to find a job now

First impressions we love it

Posts on peoples progress i find really interesting and re-assuring.

Fantastic post, really helpful and nice to hear most of it was going well, except the sink (lol) hope the hand isnt too bad, we are hoping to be in Adelaide January 2010, my daughter Elisha is also 11 years old and gymnastics mad, nice to hear she might find like minded friends as well.

Shona (35) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Guest back clan

Hi Shona,I am sure Lou would love to meet up with your daughter. She is desperate to start school after the long uk holiday. We also had moved so i think she's feeling pretty lonely at the mo.

We have got her in to a gymnastics focus school. I don 't know what it will be like and I haven't sussed out any clubs yet but will keep you posted. The school is in Park Holme. Let me know if you want any details.

Lesley

Guest guest569

i think the standard here is lower. By that that i mean i couldn't inmagine my son being the county champion there but to be the best under 7 in the state here amazes me !!! We travel with the clubs all over SA and he wins everything. I'm soooo proud but always tell him he's not doing his best. It amazes me!! The best club around is Gym Jets at marion where they have to go to a certain school and gym it is the be all and end all. ( but we beat them )

We go to funky moves at lonsdale just off Sherriffs Rd. One of our coaches and her daughter coach at Gym jets aswell so they are well in with gymnastics sa. They have a trampoline athon this weekend to raise money for a sprung floor in the club till 2pm tomorrow if you drop in.:SLEEP:

Guest back clan

Hi it sounds like your son is doing really well. WE would loved to have come along on Sunday but ian has to go to adelaide to have his stitches taken out.

I am also a gymnastics coach and have been coaching the last three yrs at Brighton and Hove gym club in the Uk. We had a couple of boys there now training with the British squad and one of them is only 8.

You can probably tellI am well into gym too.

Thanks for the info.Maybe we will bump into you sometime

Guest Janine3979

Hi, glad to hear everything went well. We arrived on Monday and didn't have a meet and greet as we secured a rental before we arrived and had to go and pick the keys up and some beds, safe to say it was a really hectic day.

:arghh:

Then realized the electric and water hadn't been switched on yet so kind of camped out in the house for 2 days.

Getting everything sorted now though, got a car and the essentials as our furniture only arrives mid oct.

I agree Adelaide is a really fantastic place and everyone we meet are so friendly.

Hope it all goes well with the job etc, have a great time.

The Gibsons

Janine (28), Darren (29), Connor (8) and Melody (5)

Hi Lesley

Glad you are still enjoying it and that Ian's hand is getting better. Back to the washing up for him then soon.

Take care, keep enjoying your new lives down under

Jackie

Hi Shona,I am sure Lou would love to meet up with your daughter. She is desperate to start school after the long uk holiday. We also had moved so i think she's feeling pretty lonely at the mo.

We have got her in to a gymnastics focus school. I don 't know what it will be like and I haven't sussed out any clubs yet but will keep you posted. The school is in Park Holme. Let me know if you want any details.

Lesley

Thanks Lesley, it has already made Elisha feel happier about coming to Oz knowing there is another 11 year old girl into gymnastics (funny how little things can make them happier), will definately keep in touch and keep posting any more progress info on your settling there, it is really helpful.

Shona x