Race riots

Guest redfoxy

Totally aware of all the bad things happening in UK, my Dad makes sure I know as he thinks I'm mad to be returning, he's not been to visit once in the 5 yrs we've been in Oz even though my family planned to make the move here when I was about 4 yrs old, I used to think my Dad was living his dream through me being here now I have the feeling he just wants us out of the way, I know thats not what he means but it sure feels like that to me. I just keep reminding him all that **** happens in every country inc Oz.

Actually I think the mafia style family shootings and bike gang clashes, rival gang killings are worse here than race riots in UK.

Totally aware of all the bad things happening in UK, my Dad makes sure I know as he thinks I'm mad to be returning, he's not been to visit once in the 5 yrs we've been in Oz even though my family planned to make the move here when I was about 4 yrs old, I used to think my Dad was living his dream through me being here now I have the feeling he just wants us out of the way, I know thats not what he means but it sure feels like that to me. I just keep reminding him all that **** happens in every country inc Oz.

Actually I think the mafia style family shootings and bike gang clashes, rival gang killings are worse here than race riots in UK.

I beg to differ ! every country has its problems. But there is a sick religion trying to take over the UK and the government are too soft to defend it !

soft how?

I'd be interested in seeing a few links regarding the gov being too soft on defending the country. What should the gov do? send more troops somewhere? where? to the country thats causing trouble to UK?

soft how?

I'd be interested in seeing a few links regarding the gov being too soft on defending the country. What should the gov do? send more troops somewhere? where? to the country thats causing trouble to UK?

No they should sort out the traitors that are british citizens, that plot to blow up planes buses and such ! and plan to totally destroy british identity !!

I know every country is multi racial but Britian is being taken over by those have have 7 kids cant speak english and claim benefits !!

There is no point in going on cos most folk are too scared to speak out !

Guest moonraker1959
No they should sort out the traitors that are british citizens, that plot to blow up planes buses and such ! and plan to totally destroy british identity !!

I know every country is multi racial but Britian is being taken over by those have have 7 kids cant speak english and claim benefits !!

OMG remind me to avoid anyone who can't speak english with 7 kids!:biglaugh:Seeing as they're taking over us!!!!!Ridiculous statement.I take it Oz does'nt have anyone who is a potential terrorist?Why worry about whats going on(or what is'nt!!!!) in the UK,you're 10,000 miles away.

Funny enough there has been a loooong discussion in an Aussie forum I'm in.

I'm virtually the token Pom and they are very interested in my perspective.

Out spoken and direct to say the least,I could not post on here what is on there!!!:)

There are bad people in both places!

Guest Rob and Clare

Is it any different to the race riots in Sydney a few years ago, they spilled over to everywhere, australian flag burning in Semaphore etc... or the indian students who get beaten up in melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. This stuff happens everywhere and it's getting worse here too. We all have thoughts of why it happens, but we're all to blame as we vote in the people who let it happen.

Guest graandjac

Race riots affect everyone living there.........mafia shootings only affect the people involved and the bikey gangs arent intrested in Mr Jo public, but I guess its the way you want to see it...!!!

:realmad::realmad::realmad:spot on....!!!!!!

Thanks for your comments Grandjac !

Im shouting to those who are deaf !

ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD HERE IN AUSTRALIA AS IT IS IN THE UK, THE GOVERNMENT KEEPS A LOT QUIET ! THE AUSTRALIANS MOSTLY SAY WHAT THEY THINK !

What happened to our British heritage ?? I love that country..

Cant fly the flag cos it offends THEM

Cant have children doing nativity plays cos its offends THEM !

enough said !

On a lighter note I saw knitted Golliwogs for sale at the weekend !!

hahahaha

Found this story about this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8251598.stm

Must say I heard there were some protests but the media haven't made a big deal of them. They obviously don't want to hype it all up.

It seems to me that there are 2 UKs. One in the big cities, all multi racial multi ethnic. The other out in the sticks where you are totally oblivious to all this going on. So if it bothers you, move to the country. Our village flies the George flag every day from a flagpole next to the war memorial, my children have done nativity plays every year at school, they have harvest festival and christmas carols in the village church. You've just got to pick carefully where you live.

Guest Libby1971

Order ladies and gentlemen, order please

"Cant fly the flag cos it offends THEM

Cant have children doing nativity plays cos its offends THEM !"

No, it might offend some of them

And it does not offend most of them doing a nativity play...why? Because Jesus is a prophet in the eyes of Islam (I assume it is Islam of which you dare not speak) and as such is special. All prophets have significance.

Sadly there are nutters in all religion and what one group of nutters do is mostly bugger all to do with the teachings of a religion. Islam does not teach that you should fly planes into American buildings, or blow planes up over Scottish towns, or train terrorists in the countries that their parents call home.

THAT is to do with nutters and Christianity has had more than its fair share as has the UK. IRA - bomb Harrods on Christmas Eve. Omagh - destroyed. How can you judge and condemn a whole religion when our/ your own country has a history that is far from pure? And within living memory...

Political correctness is about being afraid of what MIGHT happen, rarely what ever actually does.

Nice to see Islamophobia is alive and well...

Guest moonraker1959
:realmad::realmad::realmad:spot on....!!!!!!

Thanks for your comments Grandjac !

Im shouting to those who are deaf !

ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD HERE IN AUSTRALIA AS IT IS IN THE UK, THE GOVERNMENT KEEPS A LOT QUIET ! THE AUSTRALIANS MOSTLY SAY WHAT THEY THINK !

What happened to our British heritage ?? I love that country..

Cant fly the flag cos it offends THEM

Cant have children doing nativity plays cos its offends THEM !

enough said !

On a lighter note I saw knitted Golliwogs for sale at the weekend !!

hahahahaI think as a previous poster mentioned,it depends alot where you live,here in the UK and in Oz to how much it affects you.I live on the Wilts/Somerset border and its incredibly quiet in EVERY way!!!!!!! No I would'nt choose to live in a big city in either country but thats just me!By the way as a matter of interest,did you leave the UK because you were afraid of what was happening there?If so you probably left for the wrong reasons,because as you are probably discovering,its no better there!

Found this story about this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8251598.stm

Must say I heard there were some protests but the media haven't made a big deal of them. They obviously don't want to hype it all up.

It seems to me that there are 2 UKs. One in the big cities, all multi racial multi ethnic. The other out in the sticks where you are totally oblivious to all this going on. So if it bothers you, move to the country. Our village flies the George flag every day from a flagpole next to the war memorial, my children have done nativity plays every year at school, they have harvest festival and christmas carols in the village church. You've just got to pick carefully where you live.

Some people dnt have much choice of where they live, some people lived in nice areas that changed over time.

In Cheltenham where we lived the taxi drivers were not allowed to fly the flag of St George during the world cup, etc etc, those that did were fined for doing so.

We lived in a small village Bishops Cleeve, very nice very quaint quite well to do, and the local village school was ok, as for Cheltenham the town it was pretty poor, no flags, no nativities etc etc.

There was even a councilor who was told he could not fly the George Flag, as it may offend certain people it was ok if he flew flags of all nations....crazy.

I love it here every roundabout Oz flag, and Aboriginal flag stand side by side, ok may not be Oz citizen but it sure as hell makes me feel good.

HG

Interesting.... my daughter (who's 9) recently came home after being taught about aboriginal culture/history and said she's ashamed to be white and English and discusted with her ancestor's.....

We should just all take a minute to remember that the land we are on actually belongs to the Kaurna people....

We should just all take a minute to remember that the land we are on actually belongs to the Kaurna people....

How far are we going to go back into the past, humans first came from Africa, and were all black ( it took about 25000 years to turn white out of the hot sun, and it will is estimated it will take a bit less to turn black again if in a hot country like Australia), we need to think about the now and the future, not forget the past but but not live in it.

Simon

The kaurna people believe they don't own the land, it owns them and they must care for it. They are attached to their homelands by this. There are very few kaurna actually left and half the names given to the squares, streets etc aren't actually from the local language. You should tell your children they have absolutely no reason to be ashamed to be white and English. History is that and it serves to prevent similar occurences happening if properly analysed rather than lip service just paid to it. Paying lip service rather than real respect and understanding has caused more problems than anything.

This is the post in the Aussie forum that started it off - Don't shoot the messenger........

Let me make this perfectly clear!

THIS IS MY COUNTRY!

And, because I make this statement

DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.

Welcome to come through like everyone else has.

Get a sponsor!

Get a place to lay your head!

Get a job!

Live by OUR rules!

Pay YOUR taxes!

And

LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHER

IMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!

AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OUR

LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS TO YOU

TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,

then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

When will AUSTRALIANS STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???

We've gone so far the other way .. Bent over backwards not to

Offend anyone. But it seems no one cares about the

AUSTRALIAN

that's being offended!

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA !!!

If you agree ... Pass this on.

If you don't agree .. Delete it!!!

I agree !

BUT dont you see this is going just the way Sir Winston said !Rivers of blood speech!

Race riots, seperate communities, no go areas etc etc.

I came to Australia under all my own finances, I support myself as I have done all my life since 16, paid my taxes etc. I am doing my best to integrate and go along with the australian rules and not make my own. Although I do have to laugh at some of the adverts etc !!

Yes rural country England is what is left of it and is beautiful, no doubt about that !

Anyway those 3 have been sentenced to life today. In their country of their parents birth they would have been barbarically murdered !

This is the post in the Aussie forum that started it off - Don't shoot the messenger........

Let me make this perfectly clear!

THIS IS MY COUNTRY!

And, because I make this statement

DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.

Welcome to come through like everyone else has.

Get a sponsor!

Get a place to lay your head!

Get a job!

Live by OUR rules!

Pay YOUR taxes!

And

LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHER

IMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!

AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OUR

LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS TO YOU

TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,

then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

When will AUSTRALIANS STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???

We've gone so far the other way .. Bent over backwards not to

Offend anyone. But it seems no one cares about the

AUSTRALIAN

that's being offended!

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA !!!

If you agree ... Pass this on.

If you don't agree .. Delete it!!!

Tyke I like it.

It is pride in ones country..

I am sad about the declining British Heritage.

What did our Grandfathers die for ?

How far are we going to go back into the past,

Simon

Well if we did go far we could bring up all the things England has done to other countrys...My homeland for one...stealing the land, making the people learn English and give up there own language and only 89 years ago the Britsih army openend fire during a Gaelic match and killed 14 civilians but this is the year 2009 and I would like to think we are all a bit more civilised and have learned something from history. We are all trying to get to Australia for the same reason, a better life for ourselves and our children. That doesn't mean we will stop feeling patriotic to our country of birth but we can and should embrace everything this country has to offer. The multi cultural part of Australia is what I love most about it having come from a place where when I was growing up your religion was discriminated against this is a wonderful.

I'm sure there are a lot of nutters in the Islamic religion living in Britian but there are also a lot ones who are prepared to work hard and just want a better life for themselves and their children, just like us in Australia unfortunately it is always only the radicals that you hear about in the news....believe me I know I grew up in Belfast:)