arriving in Adelaide 17/09/09! OMG!!!

Guest seekingsunshine

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi everyone! just wanted to introduce ourselves before we arrive in Adelaide... Matt, 31- Hels, 27, Katie & Tom 3 and Rhys, 3 months:)

we fly tomorrow from Heathrow - bags weigh too much,theres more to pack and theres still too much to do! i'm planning on having another big malibu and coke in a few minutes! (well cant take an open bottle with me! lol!)

I'm feeling very excited but nervous too... my husband and I, have both wondered if we're doing the right thing, especially as our children said goodbye to grandparents (felt really awful) but we've got so far now, that if we didnt go we would regret it! i cant wait to 'discover' Adelaide!!!!

if there are any meet ups coming up, especially for parents with young children, we'd love to come...... :)

we're in Aldinga Beach for first three weeks while we look for a rental etc.

Hope the sun is shining in Adelaide- can't wait to see it (again!) for myself!:jiggy:

Guest seekingsunshine
Good luck on your travels, its been variable here recently but we have had temps up to 30 degree's recently.

Julie

H julie! we're looking forward to having a summer! noticed on your 'location' that you live in Wynn Vale- we're interested in a rental in that area....could you tell me anything about the area? good points etc? many thanks

Hi Seekingsunshine,

Good luck and enjoy your flight to Adelaide. Well Aldinga is south of Adelaide and Wynn Vale is north of Adelaide. Wynn Vale, Golden Grove, Greenwith and surrounds areas are all nice with good schools in all areas. The main shopping centre is at Tea Tree Plaza, with also the main bus station into the city from there. We have an excellent bus service on the O-bahn track. There are smaller shopping malls in and around the areas. Golden Grove (The Village) shopping centre has two supermarkets and smaller shops. Most of the major banks are there too. Doctor surgery and dentist also. The weather for the day you arrive is expected to be 21C in Adelaide. Hope you settle well, and find Adelaide all you expected it to be. Would love to meet you if you decide to come this side of Adelaide, just pm me if you do and we can have a coffee together.

Hi Helen

We fly out on Sunday. Like you bags way too much(really worried). People keep giving us pressies. Sister in law came on Sunday and brought Birthday and Christmas presents for all 3 children. Need an extra suitcase for presents. Think we might post a box rather than pay excess baggage.

Also like you feel bad about granparents. They can't face ringing anymore and have resorted to sending letters. After reading it today had a meltdowm!!!!OMG how bad do I feel. Got to stop thinking about it.

Good luck with your new adventure. When we have settled I am going to post a meet up for all the new Aug/Sept people.

Jackie

Guest Sazzle76
Hi Helen

We fly out on Sunday. Like you bags way too much(really worried). People keep giving us pressies. Sister in law came on Sunday and brought Birthday and Christmas presents for all 3 children. Need an extra suitcase for presents. Think we might post a box rather than pay excess baggage.

Also like you feel bad about granparents. They can't face ringing anymore and have resorted to sending letters. After reading it today had a meltdowm!!!!OMG how bad do I feel. Got to stop thinking about it.

Good luck with your new adventure. When we have settled I am going to post a meet up for all the new Aug/Sept people.

Jackie

That would be great as we fly tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got 2 boys of 3.5 and 1.5

Hope they behave on the flights.

Guest seekingsunshine
That would be great as we fly tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got 2 boys of 3.5 and 1.5

Hope they behave on the flights.

sazzle good luck with the flight! you'll cope dont worry!my three slept really well thank goodness- hopefully see you at a meet up when you arrive!

Guest seekingsunshine
Hi Helen

Jackie

Hi Jackie, thanks for your reply :) hope your flight goes well! We managed to cope as kids slept really well - phew!we were over by about 8 kg and we had an extra suitcase as we had been told that we could take extra suitcase for hubby as he had unstamped visa in passport - however we offically couldnt as we have actually bought return tickets (arent going to use them - were just cheaper than one way tickets!!) but the bloke just said it was fine and changed some weight figures round! we were so lucky! we got there early though so were first when they opened and no-one behind so think he was feeling stress free! hope it goes as well for you!

as we were travelling with little ones we didn have to queue- everyone in uk, singapore and adelaide moved us forward thank goodness. so that ws nice :)

i kno exactly how you feel about grandparents - its a horrible situation. had a bit of a wobble last night feeling guilty - but feel so much better today!think it was jet lag!

would love to come to any meet up arranged to meet and make new friends for us and the kids :)

good luck with the journey - see you when you get here!

hi seekingsunshine

Glad that you had a good flight, and arrived safe and sound. Are you enjoying the sunshine? It's been nice since you arrived. Once you have a longer term rent or your own place you will feel much more settled here. Do you have a job to go too? If not I hope that you find something really quick because that will make you feel at home too.

Glad your flights went smoothly. We've been here nearly 5 weeks and are surprised how quickly we've settled in. Everyone (Aussies and Poms) are so friendly and helpful. Couldn't belived when we went to look round a kindy, they said our 4 year old could start the same day!

The beaches are fabulous with perfect sandcastle sand, the kangaroos at Cleland and Warrawong love to be fed, and now the sun is shining!

happy to meet up anytime!

Catrin

Guest guest3462

Hi and welcome to Aldinga Beach!!! We're in the sunday estate and we'd love to meet up for a play date/coffee. We have 2 girls 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. Give me a pm once you're settled.

Love Julia xxx