Thread: medicare

aldinga beach
      1 times

hi there
      me the wife and 2 kids arrive on the 22 sept and we were just wondering when we get there and get medicare are we coverd straight away.
      thanks in advanced.

We went to Medicare office and filled out forms (take passports and proof of address) and were given a temporary paper card which covered us until Medicare card arrived in the post.

adelaide now
      27 times
      Yes you are.We arrived on Sept 3rd and did medicare on the 4th. On the 6th The sink collapsed in the apartment we were living in and my other half tried to catch it and the metal side cut his fingers.
      we had to get a taxi to the hospital and he had seven stitches.
      They were great at the hospital and he had his stitches out 1 wk later which we had to pay $40 for. The total bill is $85 and medicare are paying the rest.
      Fortunately the hotel are going to pay the bill that we got.
      Wouldn't care he has never been to hospital in the Uk but I reckon he was just trying to get out of the washing up
      Lesley, Ian and Louise (aged 11 gymnast mad) - Job offer in Oz Sept 2005 - Gov. changed criteria for visa while sponsorship forms been filled in. Could no longer apply. Heard about extra point for IELTS test Sept 07. Vetessess Dec 07 - SA Sponsorship June 08 - IELTS test passed July 08 - 475 application August 08- Medical and police checks Dec 08 - Visa granted 4th March09!!!!:) moving to Adelaide Sept 09

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums