Just over a week in Oz - loving it

Guest Lisado

Hi all

Well I thought I tell of our experience so far of oz after only a week!

The journey here was a nightmare. We got train from Newcastle to Glasgow which took us 10 hrs instead of 3! Due to the rain there was flooding. We got to Berwick and had to get off the train onto another and go back to NCLE! We arrived at Glasgow at 10pm at night having left at lunchtime! Then the next day our flight to heathrow was delayed and so we missed our connecting flight to Hong Kong. We had to fly out at 6.20pm which worked out better for us. Then we spent to nights in HK - which was amazing. The flight out of HK was delayed and by this time I thought Oz was not meant to be!

Wen we arrived at the airport Dennis our meet and greet guy was there and he has been fantastic - managed to sort us a car out to buy as well.

We got to Roos rental and stayed the week. For 2 nights we had a Koala bear on the roof as it couldnt get down so the neighbours helped us by putting up a ladder and Kodi (as he was named) got down. We then had blue tongue skinks in garden so Alex is over the moon.

The trains and buses take a while to suss out. A guy saw us trying to work the bus timetable out and immediately came to help. This is something I have found everywhere - Australians are amazing, funny and helpful - I love them.

THe shops are great - clothes are fine, meat is cheap and selection of wines are breathtaking!

I had an interview for a lLaw ibrarian job setting up a library in my 1st week and I got the job and the pay is twice what I got in the UK and its my dream job and ambition (sad maybe but thats us bookstampers) I start in a week

Dan got an intervie win his field of work so we just waiting.

We had dinner at friends from PIA last week s so that was great and I had my irthday last week with other friends from PIA who just made my day even more special.

Our rental in Port Noarlunga is perfect and all new fixtures and fittings and landlady great (again with help from PIA we found this so I am eternally grateful)

Our furniture arrived yesterday a few days late but its fine - we have spare airbeds if anyone needs to borrow them

All in all we are loving it - maybe early days but so far I dont miss the UK

We're having a ball :)

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear that your journey started out so badly, but great to hear that you are enjoying your new life. We have been here a month now and I can tell you that it has just got better and better.

So good luck with your new life and I hope to see you all sometime at one of the pia get togethers.

Howard.

Guest kangomik

Hey well done on making the trip, that sounds like a nightmare of a trip:goofy:

It looks like things are falling into place nicely for you guys, well done on hitting the ground running.:notworthy:

Good luck with the new job:v_SPIN:

The rain last night would make you feel like you where back in blighty:arghh:

Guest Stella and Dave

your story sounds absolutely fab, we arrived same time but are in north east in OAA, which is a good start. we need to find a car to buy, but don't know where to start, can your meet and greet man suggest anything? many thanks Stella