Arrived this morning - who turned on the hosepipe?

Guest Obedoh

Hi everyone

We arrived this morning at 9.30am. We had two very good legs of our journey with Cathay Pacific. They were very good with the children and helped us with on board luggage, priority boarding,etc Kids slept through the majority of the two flights so that was a bonus as I was nervous about my three and a half year old. They were all very good and enjoyed the DVD's and gaming. We had a 10 hour stop at Hong Kong and paid to go into the pay in lounge (had showers, freshen up, all you could eat food and drink). Would recommend this if you have a long wait like we did.

Had no problems through customs. Declared our perscription medicines, over the counter ones and sweets that the children had. Didn't even want to look in our bags.

Had a couple from the Meet & Greet Service who were very nice. They had organised a taxi and a car for us. Took us to the rental, went through paperwork and then took OH to the shops while I stayed with the kids.

All very good so far but so damned cold. Could have done with my hot water bottle tonight!!!!

Got the boring stuff to sort out tomorrow in the city and then get a car rental the day after. Any reccommendations to take the children if weather is bad?

Children all tucked up in bed by 7.30pm. OH went in to watch telly 10 mins ago, I went in 5 mins later and he was away with the fairies. I keep getting that motion sickness feeling.:v_SPIN: Not very nice. My injections of tea are starting to make me feel better. Think I need another 10 to catch up what i missed out on in the last 48hrs.

So far so good but very, very TIRED!!!

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

Jackie

Guest Blackcat

Welcome to Adelaide! Hope the weather improves for you, it was nice over the weekend - honest! We too are from Lincoln, been here two years now and recommend it! Hope the jet lag goes soon!

Guest ben&sharon

Hiya,

if you get over that jet-lag in the next 48 hours, then you'll be doing brilliantly - I think we slept for most of the first couple of days we were here! And you won't get away from that dazed feeling for some time after that - we've been here two months now, and things still don't seem entirely real at times......!! :err:

Sounds like you've had a good start, though - best wishes for the next few weeks of settling in; it'll soon feel like home.

Sharon.

Guest MandisFam

Hi Jackie, Been following your journey on PIO. Glad you have arrived okay. Hope it soon warms up. I remember that daze feeling well, its like being drugged up pain relief, Im talking gas and air type feeling....lol

Look forward to reading your future posts as you settle in.

All the very best

Mandisfam

Congrats Jackie on arriving, sounds like you had a reasonably good journey especially with the youngest i hope my 2 year old will be as good in the New Year. Keep posting any new info in settling in, always helpful to get as much info as possible. x

Shona (35) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Hiya,

if you get over that jet-lag in the next 48 hours, then you'll be doing brilliantly - I think we slept for most of the first couple of days we were here! And you won't get away from that dazed feeling for some time after that - we've been here two months now, and things still don't seem entirely real at times......!! :err:

Sounds like you've had a good start, though - best wishes for the next few weeks of settling in; it'll soon feel like home.

Sharon.

Yes I keep looking out of the window to see where I am. My 10 year old went to bed and popped out an hour later sleepwalking (often does this when he's tired), went to the front door and tried to get out, good job the door was locked. lol

Guest ben&sharon
Yes I keep looking out of the window to see where I am. My 10 year old went to bed and popped out an hour later sleepwalking (often does this when he's tired), went to the front door and tried to get out, good job the door was locked. lol

He he - sounds like you've got your hands full..... Are you going to manage some sleep at some point or are you on guard duty???? ;)

Welcome to Adelaide Jackie, it is cold just now but it will heat up soon I promise.

Don't know where you are staying just now but there is the Beach House in Glenelg, arcade type place with dodgems and water slides etc or bowling, cinema etc, that should keep them occupied for a bit.

Good luck

Jackie

I am so glad there are people going through the same things we are, I can't wait to start our journey we come out in about 3 weeks and I can't wait but yes I have been warned to bring warm stuff for the night but still can't wait!

Hope your settling in well and the boring stuff is not too bad. I am taking some meds fo the kids etc and I am sure we will ahve some sweets and stuff can't remember how you declare stuff? bit nervous about that.

Oh you finally decided to show up eh? :biglaugh:

Welcome to Adelaide. :D The weather has been like this all year. :arghh: We are actually thinking about going back to the UK to warm up. :biglaugh:

Have fun exploring and hope to meet up again soon.

Pete

Welcome to Adelaide. We have been here a month now and I can promise you that when the sun does comes out, it is an absolutely glorious place.

Sorry I can't help you with the kids, as ours are grown up, but have you tried playing 'first one to spot a kangaroo?' That should keep them busy for a while!:err:

All the best with your new lives.

Howard (a fellow tyke)

I am so glad there are people going through the same things we are, I can't wait to start our journey we come out in about 3 weeks and I can't wait but yes I have been warned to bring warm stuff for the night but still can't wait!

Hope your settling in well and the boring stuff is not too bad. I am taking some meds fo the kids etc and I am sure we will ahve some sweets and stuff can't remember how you declare stuff? bit nervous about that.

Its easy just put a cross on the box for those items on your landing card. They just asked us what we had and all was ok.

Jackie

Oh you finally decided to show up eh? :biglaugh:

Welcome to Adelaide. :D The weather has been like this all year. :arghh: We are actually thinking about going back to the UK to warm up. :biglaugh:

Have fun exploring and hope to meet up again soon.

Pete

Thanx. Was actually warm when we left ok. Just got summer clothes. Oh well, will be warm soon. Better today. yes will have to meet up again soon..

Jackie

Welcome to Adelaide. We have been here a month now and I can promise you that when the sun does comes out, it is an absolutely glorious place.

Sorry I can't help you with the kids, as ours are grown up, but have you tried playing 'first one to spot a kangaroo?' That should keep them busy for a while!:err:

All the best with your new lives.

Howard (a fellow tyke)

There are some of us out here then! Apart from Mr TYKE of course.

Jackie