Wanted down under.

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Yahoo, just had a phone call from the bbc show Wanted down under congratulating us on going to Adelaide for the next series. We are so excited and cant wait.

We only applied about 5 weeks ago on their website, we had a phone call 4 weeks ago asking us questions, told there was about 1200 aplicants so dont hold your breath, got another phone call a week later asking us if they can film us at home asking us the same questions but in front of camera .told we had a 1 in 4 chance. And a final call today saying we got it, wow, its all happened so quick.

Have any other families been on the show?.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on getting picked out of so many applicants. I assume you get a free trip to Adelaide so that can't be bad. Personally I couldn't think of anything worse than being filmed for a TV show where they are hoping I'm going to cry or have a huge row with my family! Hopefully you will get plenty of time to yourselves without the TV crew following you around.

I'm surprised that a new series Wanted Down Under is being made, especially considering the changes to visa processing that they've announced this week. Hundreds of people's plans have been devastated this week and yet they still want to encourage a whole new bunch of people to migrate !! Seems a bit crazy to me!!

Hi there

Seems strange they have picked you when you already have your visa granted.

We always thought it was for people seeing whether they want to emigrate or not

I can't imagine that there would be any other way to do it. TV can hardly make the visa happen and the point of the program is to try before you come here. Therefore I would have thought that a visa must exist in the first place, so that if the featured family likes what they see, they move here. Takes the pain out of the process I suppose - as well as getting to be a TV star!

• 2 months later...
Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello all,

We applied to wanted Down Under this year, we had the home interview and were chosen. We were filmed in Perth then we went to stay in Adelaide. Perth is nice but Adelaide is the place for us.

Yes it was a bit awkward at times, being filmed, go back and start again etc but it was fun and sad too, most of all it gave us a taste of the life we would like to have.

We are now sitting and waiting ...... patiently ......... waiting ....... :SLEEP:

On tv in January sometime :o

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Congratulations to both Looking forward to the next series will look out for you. We flying Feb so hope we get to see it.

Hi and thanks I will get the hang of this soon, I hope, I haven't put any indepth info on yet, but John is now 43, I'm 41, Callum is 14 and Owen 12, John is a baker, his job is on the in demand list, although visa application priorities have changed wwe have someone trying to sponsor us so we are just waiting now

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Congrats on the trip to Perth, shall look out for you on tv in Jan.we will be flying out to Adelaide on the 10th Feb, are the film crew as bad as they say( in your face constant) or do you still find a bit of time for yourselves? i going to take my golf clubs with me, if anybody recomends anywhere and fancies a game. Also we will be staying on an extra week, we are in accomadation for 1 week in Adelaide, Sydney for 3 days then back to Adelaide for 4 days, not as yet booked anywhere to stay for the 4 days in Adelaide,could anybody recomend somewhere, i,e a villa for the 4 of us, or a b&b?

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello,

nice to hear from you, .. well they are a little in your face but you have a timetable to follow as I am sure you are well aware if you have done all the home filming. If you have the same crew as we did they are lovely, you should get a day to yourself, for your recreation, we did manage some other stuff but it was usually late on in the day. For flight check out :idea: Google.com.au I saved £600 on using that web site for internal domestic flights ... I will update my details at some point and incldue other methods of contact ....

Hope to type to you soon :D

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Debbie,

I am sure you can catch it on the internet, BBCi Player, the programme can usually be seen within a week of it being aired on TV. Hope this helps, :) it will be a case of checking when it starts but I will post on here when the series goes out on TV ..

Tanya

Guest JoTanCalOwen
you need a proxy server ( costs about 50 bux) to down load stuff on BBCi player and other programmes once your in Aus. Because you are no longer in the country

oh.... another little findy-out thing ..... thank you

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello All,

We recived confirmation that our programme is to be aired on January 13 at 10:00, so those of you still in the UK at that time will be able to watch it at some point, just a poignant note for me, my father in law is on the programme, but he sadly passed away last week, he was looking forward to seeing his family on tv.

Well better get on, keep me updated with your progresses I enjoy reading them

Tanya

Guest The Dimmocks
Hello All,

We recived confirmation that our programme is to be aired on January 13 at 10:00, so those of you still in the UK at that time will be able to watch it at some point, just a poignant note for me, my father in law is on the programme, but he sadly passed away last week, he was looking forward to seeing his family on tv.

Well better get on, keep me updated with your progresses I enjoy reading them

Tanya

Thanks for letting us know, will mark that on the calander and make sure we watch that one.

Really sorry to hear about your Father in Law, i'm sure he will be there in spirit when you all sit down to watch it.

Michelle

Not sure if you are still looking for somewhere to stay for your 4 nights but we stayed end of Oct in a little bungalow a stones throw from christies beach. Teenage kids absolutely loved it. Place was immaculate, rented if for 6 nights only via www.adelaidebound.com , short term rentals from KP rentals (property 2). It was absolutely lovely and just perfect for a few days.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Bev,

Not sure who the 'When are you going' was aimed at, but unfortunately we are still waiting as the government changed its visa application policies as our visa applications were lodged ... so we are still waiting.

Enjoy making the programme, if you have a soft heart be prepared for the tears, all in all be yourself and think for your families future

Let me know who your film crew is, and how you get on,

take care

Tanya