Brilliant News!!!

Guest tracynsteve

Guest tracynsteve

HI EVERYONE,BECAUSE PAINTING AND DECORATORING HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE MODL WE ARE NOW ABLE TO GO ON A 136 SKILLED PERMINATE VISA INSTEAD OF A 495 TEMPORY VISA,WHICH WITH 4 KIDS IS SUCH A RELIEF,WE'RE REALLY EXCITED NOW.BRILLIANT!:D:D:DA EXCITED TRACY.

Guest ralph n bev

Tracy thats brilliant news, it will be a lot better for you all , all round.

Fingers crossed everything goes O.K. for you all. The 136 is so much better if you have a larger family. :D

Bev

Guest Aussiebound

Thats great news. We too are on the 136, Neils job being in demand. We have looked into all the states and where torn between Perth and Adelaide but finally settled on Adelaide.

Good Luck with the Visa.

Sarah

HI EVERYONE,BECAUSE PAINTING AND DECORATORING HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE MODL WE ARE NOW ABLE TO GO ON A 136 SKILLED PERMINATE VISA INSTEAD OF A 495 TEMPORY VISA,WHICH WITH 4 KIDS IS SUCH A RELIEF,WE'RE REALLY EXCITED NOW.BRILLIANT!:D:D:DA EXCITED TRACY.

Thats good news hope all goes well and quickly, as a painter and decorator I had to think about it but as they already have our money and am so impatient am sticking with SIR495.

I have been looking at the changes from September on diac site an found this quote, maybe there is a short cut to PR if your employed in regional Aus on a 495, I will check again when im not half asleep

Simon

I currently hold a SIR (subclass 495) visa. What are my options when the new visa structure is introduced on 1 September 2007?

From 1 September 2007, SIR visa holders seeking to extend their visa for 12 months should apply for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 487). Applicants for this visa must be in Australia at the time they apply and at the time the visa is granted.

SIR visa holders applying for a permanent visa should apply for a Skilled –

Regional visa (subclass 887). Applicants for this visa will need to have complied with the conditions of their provisional visa and have lived for two years and worked full-time for one year in regional Australia.

SIR visa holders who have an employer sponsor in regional Australia can apply for a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa. From 1 September 2007, the requirement that you must have held your SIR visa for at least two years before applying for a RSMS visa will be removed.

Hi Simon

I would be interested in your thoughts when you are not "1/2 asleep", the quotation does sound interesting & we have our visa, we are arriving in Adelaide on the 6th Sept.

I did ask our agency but they said we would still have comply with the SIR495 criteria, work 12 mths out of 24 mths etc - perhaps there is another way to get PR ??

Will await your thoughts.

Angela