Public Transport

Guest Eddie Sankey

Guest nishman

It's park and ride to the train from Noarlunga to the city (or bus to the train station at Noarlunga).

The train is coming in around 2013 (electric trains too).

Until that comes, I'll stick with the car ;) I do car pool when I'm back at base, althoug not viable when I'm out of the office like at the moment...

Pretty good and reliable. If you are commuting to/from work, you have 3 buses direct to the City in the morning and 3 returning at night, this is reliable but takes longer than if you go by train but at the moment you have to drive to Noarlunga and get the 7.17 or 7.39 Express train (50 mins) to the City and 5.10 or 5.43 to Noarlunga at night, these are non stop trains.

The trains are reliable most of the time until the temperatures reach above 38 degrees and then the line buckles.

Guest nishman

One choice in the city - North Terrace. There's the tram straight outside to take you down the central street (King William street) to South Terrace (other buses of course too)

Tickets - $4.40 single (valid for one trip, on multiple buses trains - I think it's 1hr?)

Multi-trip tickets are the way to go - 10 trips (1 working week) for around $27 (it's been a while since I've brought one, but that's "ball park")