Do you knowwhat I love here...

Guest The Pickles

Guest The Pickles

... the fact you can call a number and actually speak to someone who is helpful. This has happened three times today and I'm still incredibly impressed.

Firstly the Tax Office (on hold for a bit but seconds not minutes or even hours) but no press this number for that, that number for this etc etc. Plus the person who answered the call was the person who helped me, I wasn't passed on to several different departments.

Then I called a washing machine manufacturer and actually got to speak to someone immediately who was so incredibly helpful I wanted to hug her and lastly, calling a venue to find out what time a band goes on stage and again, speaking to a real person instead of a recording.

Bloody marvellous.

Marilyn

Guest SA Great
... the fact you can call a number and actually speak to someone who is helpful. This has happened three times today and I'm still incredibly impressed.

Firstly the Tax Office (on hold for a bit but seconds not minutes or even hours) but no press this number for that, that number for this etc etc. Plus the person who answered the call was the person who helped me, I wasn't passed on to several different departments.

Then I called a washing machine manufacturer and actually got to speak to someone immediately who was so incredibly helpful I wanted to hug her and lastly, calling a venue to find out what time a band goes on stage and again, speaking to a real person instead of a recording.

Bloody marvellous.

Marilyn

I reckon customer service is heaps better here than in the UK (apart from Telstra!!). Even in the shops they seem to know what they are talking about. (Maybe not Target, Bunnings, Big W type stores, but specialty shops)

By the way, what band are you going to see?

Guest The Pickles

I have had to ring Telstra on a couple of occasions and that awful experience has clearly been wiped from my head... we had a landline installed which we never asked for, they sent a bill and then a reminder and then a final notice saying they would cut us off. Apparently they currently have two invoicing systems and as our bill was issued from the old system, only the new one was updated. Anyway, to cut a very long and boring story short... they have now stopped sending bills and sent me a cheque for $13 which is nice as I've never paid them a cent!

Off to see Marilyn Manson tonight, yay!