Walkers crisps, Cheshire Cheese and other delicacies

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

The deli downstairs at Colonnades (next door to Coles) has Cheshire cheese, Lancashire cheese, twiglets, smoky bacon Walkers crisps, roast chicken Walkers crisps and plain Hula Hoops.

I also did a price check against the Lolly Shop at Glenelg and it is cheaper than Lolly Shop.

However, Lolly Shop has Jelly Tots, heavily overpriced mind you.

Normally I wouldn't care but UK foods (I have had a fix of bourbon biscuits - thank you Cazzie!) do hit the right spot when you just want something extra..

:wubclub:

Guest Lulujim
The deli downstairs at Colonnades (next door to Coles) has Cheshire cheese, Lancashire cheese, twiglets, smoky bacon Walkers crisps, :wubclub:

I have not felt the need for any English things yet, but after reading that will be heading down to get some smokey bacon crisps this w/end. Yum!! :)

Guest angiestaff

i advise ebay!!!, i purchased a 12 pack of walkers prawn cocktail at a fraction of the cost if you purchased here and the expiry date was months ahead, postage was good value too (watch some dealers as their postage can be expensive!)

ange x

Guest Libby1971

Absolutely nothing at all. But there are times when only a Bourbon biscuit, Double Decker or a packet of Hula Hoops will do...

And I have craved Cheshire Cheese since I got here

must admit my fab auntie sent me 6 pks of walkers chicken and cheese and onion last week (they were going cheap in iceland) and enjoyed eating them at the cinema last week with the kids:notworthy:

I do like red rock deli crisp and the cadbray's caramello are "sick as" (fab):biglaugh:

Its nice to have a reminder of home every now and then especially when its for free.

Am so sorry but the ONLY real thing i do miss are BEEF MONSTER MUNCH:goofy:

other than that am happy :)

sue xxx

Guest angiestaff
Do they still do Monster Munch in beef flavour? Only flavour our visitors have ever managed to find to bring over with them are the revolting pickled onion flavour ones!!:dull:

they certainly still do beef flavour!!!!!!....as i said b4 try ebay, that's what i plan to do next week when i order my 12 multi-pack of monster munch!! :jiggy:(beef/pickled onion n flamin hot)

ange x

Guest SA Great
Absolutely nothing at all. But there are times when only a Bourbon biscuit, Double Decker or a packet of Hula Hoops will do...

And I have craved Cheshire Cheese since I got here

Do they do that cheese in the central market?

Must admit I am yet to find a better choc biscuit than mcvities chocolate digestives. i am really angry with this thread, i now have a craving for them and am going out right now to find some! can we change the subject?

Guest guest3462

I know its a trek, but the lolly shop in hahndorf sells all uk sweets and a few weeks ago i bought 6 packs of beef monster munch and hula hoops! I also indulged in a packet of uk cadury buttons which was delicious. Great idea to look on ebay though, will definately check that one out!

Guest Brummie

Choc and Nuts in Ingle Farm and Golden Grove stock a range of English and American lollies. They stock English Cadbury's chocolate. Small packets of Hula Hoops $2.25, Twiglets $2.30, Walkers Monster Munch (pickled onion) $2.25, I've just started working there (Ingle Farm Store).

Guest Sue&Phil

McVities Chocolate Bikkies available at Woolworths and Foodland at Hallett Cove. The Foodland also sells Cheshire Cheese (hubbies favourite) but not with all the Aussie cheeses - it's hidden among the Deli cheeses.

There's a shop that sells English lollies, etc on Beach Road at Christies Beach and it's a lot cheaper than the new one in Hallett Cove shopping centre. It cost $3.50 for a small bag of Minstrels at Hallett Cove and only $2.20 at the Christies Beach shop (think it's called The Candy Shop??) Still more expensive than the UK.

Thanks to my parents visiting us recently, got to enjoy Minstrels (the huge family size bags) and Ready Brek. They are going to post us some more over and include some Shreddies. Hope the postal strike in the UK doesn't delay my delivery too long.

OK, time for a cuppa and a bikkie now.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fancy a Beer
Choc and Nuts in Ingle Farm and Golden Grove stock a range of English and American lollies. They stock English Cadbury's chocolate. Small packets of Hula Hoops $2.25, Twiglets $2.30, Walkers Monster Munch (pickled onion) $2.25, I've just started working there (Ingle Farm Store).

I have had a few bits from the Golden Grove store and they have either been out of date (Revels) when I got them home and obviously tasted awful or had come Crisps from there the other day and they were really stale even though they were in date!! Kids wanted Finger of Fudges and when got home the chocolate have gone all white!!! Yuck!!! Don't think will bother again!